Is Frontline's Spray Safe For Greys?

Last week we found a flea on Merlin. Whatever, no big deal, we got rid of it and vacuumed, cleaned, etc. In the past, we've very occasionally found a lone flea on him and then no more.

But we found two more fleas crawling on him yesterday. That's when we put two and two together and realized that his recent itching was probably not due to mosquitoes alone :riphair:yikes:headwall

I was going to wait until the end of the week to reapply Frontline Plus, as it will have been a month by then, but thought it best to check with my vet office in case I can safely reapply it a bit sooner - just three weeks after the last application. I spoke to one of the vet techs at my vet's office and asked if bathing him and then reapplying Frontline would help, and she told me NOT bathe him first, as Frontline works by penetrating the oils in a dog's skin and spreading through the coat that way.

She also suggested Frontline spray. So I am wondering - is this spray safe to use on greyhounds? I have ever only used the regular application and I am concerned about the dogs' ingesting any of it when they cleaning themselves.

Thanks for any advice! :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest artemiss

Yep, it's what we use on our hound since our allergy-dog had to be bathed in a special shampoo every few days and we had it on hand anyway. We just have never seen the need for the drops on the hound and pit bull since the spray was effective at penetrating their short coats. The only dog who gets the drops in our house is the doberman, and that's just because the spray just beads up on his hard, weather-resistant coat.

IIRC, it's just fipronil in a different delivery sytem.

I use it on all of mine and have never had a problem, and we don't have any fleas here.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Thank you so much! :):thumbs-up

Poor itchy Merlin - as if having fleas weren't bad enough, he's actually allergic to them - so we need to take extra care. I've been vacuuming & cleaning like a nutcase for two days! :rolleyes:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

They used the spray on Bu when I first got him because they thought he was allergic to the topical treatment. I use Revolution on my 4 cats and on Bu. I had 2 of the cats, then found the other 2 on the side of road, who of coarse came with fleas. My vet said, as long as I used the Revolution on all the cats, it would kill all the fleas in my whole house. I have yet to see another flea. And Bu does great on it. I just wanted to give you another option. Good luck.