9 Years

Guest Grhndad

Guest Grhndad

It's been 9 years since I lost my little black girl, Lola. The one that started us on this greyt odyssey we have been on. Nine long years, yet at times it seems like yesterday. I often wonder why she was taken from me so soon and at such a young age, 6. I could have coped better if she had been ill but to have her healthy and playing one minute and be gone a few seconds later is hard to comprehend. Was it part of a master plan by the almighty? I can only assume it was, but that doesn't lessen the hurt. Was it necessary to lose Lola in order for the others to come? It's almost like she knew exactly which one to bring in. some young, some older but all a perfect fit.

She was the perfect one. The one that everyone wants to have at least once. Like a lot of girls, she loved to shop. She was the stuffie shopper. She would go up and down the toy asle at Petsmart looking for new stuffies. When she found one, she would get it and bring it to Janie to put in the basket. Of all of our greys, she was the only shopper.

It was Lola that taught Vinka and Katie about home life and playing with stuffies. After we built the play yard, Lola and Vinka would spend hours over there running and playing. Running laps until they couldn't, rest a few minutes and start again.

I watched heart broken as Vinka, the following day, laid down in the spot Lola died . I watched with tears in my eyes as Vinka with her happy tail licked the plastic bag containing Lola's remains as I transfered them to the urn. So many visions remain with me to this day. However, to me, most are not the ones you would like to remain. Some are like snapshots others are like a movie, Three girls standing under the oak tree in the shade, the start of the chase, the stumble, the fall, the last gasp of breath, then gone before I could even get to her. How I wish these visions would go away, maybe one day they will.

Oh yes, my little black sweetie is with me, in spirit, all of the time.She makes sure I know that but it's not the same.

doG, I miss my baby girl!!!!!!

Lola-1.jpg

Guest brcgreys

It has been almost 7 years since I lost my soul mate, my first grey, Pepper. At least now I know I'm not "odd" in still missing her and in knowing I will never "get over" losing her. Maybe there are many of us that feel the same after these many years. Is that feeling what keeps us helping our wonderful greys? There was the one, super special hound, the one that is forever poking their nose on us to keep us bringing more into our hearts. Those are the hounds with a higher purpose, sent into our lives to get us "hooked", to ensure the happy lives of countless greyhounds to come.

Guest IrskasMom

The Story of Lola is Heartbreaking and through Clouds in my Eyes I am thinking about my first Grey. Yes , they take a

piece of your Heart with them when they leave us. Hope some Hugs will help for today :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Loss is never easy, but in my own experience it's especially hard to find peace when the circumstances were so traumatic. I know how distressing those "visions" can be and have often wondered why memories of the relatively brief traumatic times seem so much more vivid than the memories of the many good times which far outnumber the bad. Unfortunately I don't have any answers but I hope the bad visions fade over time and the good memories take over - it certainly sounds like you have plenty of them :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

It has been 3 years since we lost our baby Champ... I feel the pain it seems like just yesterday. :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

There is something about the first Greyhound! I still miss and cry about Swanky and it has been 14 years. I understand about wishing some memories aren't STILL so vivid. Just like yesterday...

Guest 3greysinPA

:( What a beautiful Tribute to Lola, I'm so sorry for your loss, no matter how long ago it was... it is still a loss and still leaves a hole in your heart.. :brokenheart

my deepest sympathy, :grouphug

Run free Lola f_yellow:gh_run2f_yellow

I am so sorry. Lola was a gorgeous girl. The pain never does go away, does it? It becomes more tolerable with time, but to me it's always just below the surface.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France