My Boy Is Limping

Guest MyBoys

Guest MyBoys

The other day my 9 year old guy deceided to do a few zoomies in the yard, he still likes a good run every now and then. The next day when out for our walk I noticed a slight limp, almost like a change in his gate. When we got home I checked his feet and found a tiny but deep cut in his front right pad, the first toe, I cleaned the cut real good and put EMT on it, doing the same the next day. He did not limp at all in the house or on the grass, it seems to be hard surfaces, today I noticed again a very very slight limp on the way back from our walk, my question is could he have bruised the pad when he cut it because I think he may have cut it on a stone or something when he was running and it is taking a little time to heal???? I am a bit paranoid only because over the years we have lost 6 of our boys to osteo. Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Takes time for foot things to heal. I'd protect it with a sock or a few turns of vetwrap when he's outside, and stay off hard surfaces as far as reasonable for a week or two.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

I would give it a few more days, then, get it x-rayed. I KNOW you are paranoid because of the other babies you lost to Osteo, but better to be safe than sorry!

Hoping and Praying for it to be JUST that cut pad!

you can always do an epsom salt soak. My 9 YO came up lame a month or so ago. Did the soaks and some gentle manipulation to see what was happening. The vet couldn't find anything. Suddenly, I heard a pop and he was fine!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest MyBoys

I think I will try the epsom salt, if there is a little something in there maybe it will to get it out. I think I just worry so much whenever they show any sign of even the slightest limp. Thanks so much.

Not really adding anything, but we've had good luck with epsom salt soaks for feetsie problems. Hope that works and just clears up soon!

Lisa

Dog mama to angel-boy Ewan (racing name Atascocita Ewan), 3/26/10 to 8/23/20, and angel-girl Asta (racing name Pazzo Asta), 6/16/01 to 9/7/13.