Steph Went To The Bridge Yesterday

Guest Elwood

Guest Elwood

My Best friend Stacy had to help her Little peanut Steph to the bridge yesterday.

Steph started limping last week and couldn't walk or lay down without screaming out in pain.

Stacy took her to the vet on Monday and Steph was given pain meds which did nothing.

She brought Steph in this morning for X-rays and Steph collapsed in the vets waiting room.

The vet said that she couldn't x-ray Steph because she was stressed out and gave her different pain meds and told Stacy to take her home for a couple of days before returning.

When Stacy got Steph back to my house she couldn't even lift her head so Stacy rushed her to The Cornell emergency vet hospital but they said that even if they could help Steph her quality of life wouldn't be very good.

At that point Stacy called me and said she was going to do the hardest thing she ever had to do in her life.

A short time later Steph went to the bridge with Stacy holding her.

I first met Stacy and Steph in 2005 and Steph was the first Greyhound I had ever seen and it was instant love for me and I think for Steph too.

When I moved a year later I adopted my Grey Holly because I loved Steph so much and Holly and Steph were instant sisters from the first moment that Holly walked through my front door on her gotcha day.

Stacy works two jobs so I watched Steph at my home very often.

Steph was so special to me and I haven't been able to stop crying all day.

I know they say that time heals all wounds, but I don't know how this immense sadness I feel will ever subside.

My heart is breaking and I just wanted to write something about Steph so people would know how much Stacy and I loved her and always will love her.

A couple of weeks ago Stacy and Steph and Holly and I went to Grapehounds and Steph had the best time ever!

The way she was playbowing and carrying on you wouldn't think she was 10 years old.

10 years is such a short time and it doesn't seem fair.

I asked God to help Steph and even told him that I'd gladly take her place if Stacy could have just one more day with her.

But I guess God had his reasons.

All I know is that God now has the greatest greyhound who ever lived in his care.

Good bye Steph Mama and Papa and Holly and BuddyCat and HeidiCat love you and will never forget what a sweet and gentle soul you were and will forever be.

This pic is my favorite one I took of Steph a couple of weeks back on the first day of Grapehounds

IMG_0242.jpg

Edited by Elwood

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry for Stacy and your loss :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Stacy, you are with some of the very, very best -

You were welcomed to the bridge by a band of GreyTalk angels -

I am so very sorry for the loss of Steph. Such a beautiful soul.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry for you and Stacy. She was a beautiful girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:f_red Beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl

God speed and run with all our Angels. Please continue to watch over all those who love you and will miss you.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry for Stacy & for you on the loss of Steph. She was a beautiful girl & obviously lived a life full of love. Godspeed Steph! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough. I am very sorry for a loss that affected you and Steph's family.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds