Springtime Longevity

Guest Hotdogs

Guest Hotdogs

Hi!

I have a greyhound that just turned 7. She and my other other grey take Springtime Inc. 'Fresh Factors' and do well on it.

She's in great shape, doesn't have as much energy as my other grey, but he's only 5 and I wonder if she just has a different personality than he.

1. I am just wondering if it's time to go to more intense age-related supplements?

Or is it just over kill to treat a problem before it occurs?

2. Does anyone have experience with Longevity? My girl is very very finicky and I worried that since this supplement comes in a powder form, she'll turn her nose up at it.

3. I think maybe I'll start adding the joint health chewables in addition to the fresh factors???

What'd you think?

I tried Longevity and my dogs did turn their nose up at it. You have to put SO much in the food and it's this dark green powder that turns the food deep green and kind of stinky. I loved the idea of it, but it made their food smell like hay and they weren't having it. :(

Fresh factors already has joint health ingredients, but I suppose you could add more/different. Get Up and Go Glucosamine is a good one.

Edited by ElizabethGPAPS

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Guest AllThingsBiotha

I've used Longevity for years but it did take a while for all the dogs to get used to it. Fresh Factors + Joint Health pretty much equals Longevity. If she likes the chewables, I would do both--definitely not overkill to use as a preventative.

I recently started my crew on the Springtime Longevity. My girls both age 6 aren't really having any health problems, but I thought it sounded like a really good supplement. I've been adding it to their food for almost 2 weeks. They seem to like the taste of it just fine. Not so with my galgo, Cruz. :( To be fair, he's a picky eater on a good day, but he doesn't like it. I got some free Fresh Factors tablets with my order and he does like those. I'm bummed that he won't eat the Longevity, but not entirely surprised knowing him.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I must have weird dogs b/c all 3 love the longevity. It does create a green gooey mess in their food. I mix it in with 1/6 canned food, 2 tablespoons of plain fat free yogurt and a little warm water in their kibble. My 5 and 7 yr old also get fresh factors and my spooky girl also gets stress free calmplex.

Guest agroshong

Axel (7) and Abbey (3) eat their Longevity mixed in with Honest Kitchen's Embark formula and whatever raw they're getting that meal. They've never turned up their nose at it, even picky Abbey. But, I think Embark is crack to them, so it was easy to slip it in to their diets.

• 13 years later...

I think it is a great product our 13 year old Aussie has been on it fir a ling time. Better to make it with some sort of broth or gravy. She used to choke on the dry powder. But she likes it. It is pricey si we quit it for a long time. Have a jar left so using it again.  Don’t really notice if it works. She has bad arthritis in both knees so she is on a joint supplement. 
she was on carprofen for a long while but took her off due to what it damages

in the long run. Now we will finish the Longevity and continue the joint supplements. Longevity seems like great product but do not see any difference in it or off it.