Welcome Able (aka Moo Moo Ross)

Guest bonnebike

Guest bonnebike

It's been almost a month now since we lost Delgado. I think we are always going to miss him because he was such a special guy. We have our little "Delgado shrine" with his ashes, foot print, picture, and sympathy cards prominent in our entry way.

Able is five years old, about the same as Mary. He raced on the East coast and his career ended with a broken hock apparently. He was adopted and moved to Oregon, but his Mom became a full-time student and couldn't care for him anymore so now he is stuck with us. We've had Able for a week now, but I had to rework the signature before I posted again.

Able_and_Family.jpg

Here is a picture taken at Oregon Greyhound Adoption at our first meeting.

Able_2_sm.jpg

When it was time to leave he did NOT want to go back into the kennel.

able_front_seat.jpg

Waiting for Mom at the outlet mall he decided to sit in the front seat.

He is definitely a goofy guy and we are having fun getting to know each other. We are working through one last issue with the kitties, but it's something I think we'll get handled.

Mary is sure a lot happier having another dog in the house. Able likes to run around in the back yard more than Del did and Mary is *really* happy about that.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, he is a handsome one! Congratulations on your new family member! BTW how are you guys doing in this awful heat?

Congrats :D He is a cutie.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Congratulations!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Boy oh boy, is Able a cutie pie!!

Welcome, handsome Able!!

:confetti:banana

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Congrats...he is cute

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest bonnebike
Oh, he is a handsome one! Congratulations on your new family member! BTW how are you guys doing in this awful heat?

Dog walks are in the morning instead of the evening. We have AC in our house so everything is fine inside. I think we have only one more day of 100F+ (38C+) heat. Looking forward to it cooling off more at night.

Guest bonnebike
Now be a good boy and leave those kitties alone. :)

We are making progress. He nipped at them a couple of times early on and we had to intervene a lot. The kitties are getting braver which helps. I'd really like them to work it out. If the cats would just give him a whack on the nose it might help.

He is muzzled when we leave for work. We keep an eye on things when we are at home. We've been trying the pie tin technique -- only used it once, but it sure breaks his focus when you tap him on the head. We use one of those single-use aluminum foil baking pans, so it's not going to hurt him, but it does make a racket. We were told timing is important--he has to think the cat did it!

This morning one of the cats was on the bed and he walked over, gave her a sniff, then walked away. Not ready to declare victory just yet, but we are getting close.