Pictures Of Izzi!

Guest izzi_iz_lazi

Guest izzi_iz_lazi

Hi everyone! After my first introductory post a number of you asked for pictures. Well, with the help of thread in the Technical section, I've learned how to get the photos from Photobucket to Greytalk.

These are picture of our beloved Izzi. She's a 3.5 year old Black female and living in Shrewsbury, MA. I hope you enjoy.

DSCF0825.jpg

DSCF0833.jpg

DSCF0843.jpg

IzziSleeps.jpg

------------------------------------

Scott

Little black girlies are just like the little black dress. Everyone should have at least one. She sure is pretty!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Oooooo, she's very pretty. :wub:

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh my, Izzi is absolutely gorgeous!!! :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest denise13

Hi Scott!

She is a beauty! And I love the pink!

Yeterday you asked about her getting up early! I only know from my experience with Buzz last year that as he settled in, he slept later. I'm a teacher, so during the school year, when I'm up early, so is he...he wants to go out right after I leave...requiring my husband to take him in the morning. On the weekends and during the summer... if I sleep in, so does he and it may be an hour or two later that he'll finally get up. Give her a chance and try to get her to adapt to your schedule. If Buzz gets up too early, I will ask him to go and lay down, which he usually does. But, if he really is pacing and whinning, then I know that he needs to go out. He has figured out that going out is attached to food and he really wants that food! Good luck and hang in there! She will get the hang of it. Buzz really wanted to please and he figured it out soon enough.

And maybe we will see you at one of the reunions. I can't say enough about Greyhound Friends and Louise Coleman! What she does for the dogs is wonderful!

Denise

2258899790035280565SECXnc_th.jpg

Guest izzi_iz_lazi
Hi Scott!

She is a beauty! And I love the pink!

Yeterday you asked about her getting up early! I only know from my experience with Buzz last year that as he settled in, he slept later. I'm a teacher, so during the school year, when I'm up early, so is he...he wants to go out right after I leave...requiring my husband to take him in the morning. On the weekends and during the summer... if I sleep in, so does he and it may be an hour or two later that he'll finally get up. Give her a chance and try to get her to adapt to your schedule. If Buzz gets up too early, I will ask him to go and lay down, which he usually does. But, if he really is pacing and whinning, then I know that he needs to go out. He has figured out that going out is attached to food and he really wants that food! Good luck and hang in there! She will get the hang of it. Buzz really wanted to please and he figured it out soon enough.

And maybe we will see you at one of the reunions. I can't say enough about Greyhound Friends and Louise Coleman! What she does for the dogs is wonderful!

Denise

2258899790035280565SECXnc_th.jpg

Denise,

Thanks for your input. Izzi is really doing sensationally. For now, she is sleeping downstairs on her doggie beds and doesn't make a peep until 5:30-6:00. This is perfect as I have to get up anyway and make lunches and breakfast for my crew. We take a nice 30 minute walk before she's fed and she just lies around until a last, shorter walk before work. Today we had her in the crate for 7:45 - 3:30 (my wife is a teacher and she's teaching a summer enrichment course) which is a good indication of how she'll react to a normal 7:45-5:00 schedule come September. She did great. Happy to see us when we got home but still took her timing peeing when walked (She's got strong bladder muscles). I personally, think she will be able to have the run of the house during working hours, but my wife doesn't trust Izzi yet. :lol

The only thing I'm struggling on how to deal with is loose poop. She was diagnosed with hookworm at her first vet visit, so I'm hoping it's related. I think I'm going to introduce her to the bland rice/chicken/pumpkin diet to help settle her stomach. Any advice or experience with this.

Thanks, and we will be at the reunions.

See you there (whenever they are)

Scott

Guest denise13

Hi Scott,

We haven't had any problems with worms...and I have no experience with dogs who have them, so there I can't help. But Buzz LOVES to eat grass when his stomach is upset and so we have loose poops at least once per week. We've done the boiled rice and extra lean hamburger route a couple of times and it seems to help. I also give Buzz a tablespoon or so of plain nonfat yogurt at every meal. It seemed to help with the stomach issues and the LOVELY greyhound farts, which could clear the house!

From a personal standpoint, I wouldn't give Izzi the run of the house for a while. If she gets spooked (the answering machine, a delivery person) you might come home to an unpleasant surprise and might also not be able to get her back in the crate. We had that problem with Buzzy, and he just refused to go back into the crate. So now, we close the doors to the rooms that we don't want him in and he is ok. But it did take a long time, he lived on the track for almost 6 years so he really had some separation issues when we first got him!

Good luck!

Izzi iz beautiful

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest izzi_iz_lazi
Hi Scott,

We haven't had any problems with worms...and I have no experience with dogs who have them, so there I can't help. But Buzz LOVES to eat grass when his stomach is upset and so we have loose poops at least once per week. We've done the boiled rice and extra lean hamburger route a couple of times and it seems to help. I also give Buzz a tablespoon or so of plain nonfat yogurt at every meal. It seemed to help with the stomach issues and the LOVELY greyhound farts, which could clear the house!

From a personal standpoint, I wouldn't give Izzi the run of the house for a while. If she gets spooked (the answering machine, a delivery person) you might come home to an unpleasant surprise and might also not be able to get her back in the crate. We had that problem with Buzzy, and he just refused to go back into the crate. So now, we close the doors to the rooms that we don't want him in and he is ok. But it did take a long time, he lived on the track for almost 6 years so he really had some separation issues when we first got him!

Good luck!

My wife agrees with your assessment. We will go with the crate for he foreseeable future. She can have the run of he house for the other 14 hours of the day.

Scott

Edited by izzi_iz_lazi