To All Of You Health & Medical "regulars"--

I rarely come to this forum (just popped in to search for others' experience with storm-phobia remedies). I don't come here because it just makes me so sad, and then I start getting too frantic about every little thing I see on my houndies or in their behaviour.

BUT...it occurred to me as I was here, that those of you who "hang out" here, and provide advice, information, counseling and comfort are a greyt group of a very special kind of person, and it's a huge relief to know you'll be here when I need you. So I'd just like to say...

:clap :clap :clap

THANK YOU!!!

:bighug

Edited by LisaB

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Guest Energy11

How SWEET of you! Being a retired paramedic and vet assistant, I try to help when I can. There are sooo many people on here with great ideas! We are very lucky to have them! Have a great day, and thanks again! :)

Guest GreytMuse
a greyt group of a very special kind of person, and it's a huge relief to know you'll be here when I need you. So I'd just like to say...

When Steven was sick last fall, I'd come here with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes to post, but I knew that I was among people who cared what he was going through and gave me their best advice, and even sent sincere prayers for a hound (and woman!) they had never met.

The awesome people of GreyTalk earned my lifelong gratitude during those weeks.

a greyt group of a very special kind of person, and it's a huge relief to know you'll be here when I need you. So I'd just like to say...

When Steven was sick last fall, I'd come here with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes to post, but I knew that I was among people who cared what he was going through and gave me their best advice, and even sent sincere prayers for a hound (and woman!) they had never met.

The awesome people of GreyTalk earned my lifelong gratitude during those weeks.

Same here. When Misty got so ill, granted I had my vet, but he wasn't here at home with Misty and I and I found great comfort here from people who honestly did care about my little girl who they had never met. And even in a case where people knew nothing about a particular disease or condition, just them remembering to maybe say a prayer that day was a comfort

Gratitude and respect from here

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I had greys for several years before I found this forum. And I've learned so much here that I didn't know I even needed to know! Even with a good vet, and helpful greyhound mentors only a phone call away, the support and base of knowledge that the people here provide is tremendously useful and comforting.

Adding my thanks to everyone!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest Energy11

Everyone was here for me back in April for my first post, when the vet thought Curfew has a brain tumor. It WAS very comforting to have all of you here! I have made a few close online friends since, too :-))

Curfew? I am really not SURE he has a brain tumor. Since he has been on blood pressures meds for his extremely high blood pressure, and Phenobarbitol for his seizure-like behavior, he seems fine. He is OFF the Pred, and is a happier boy for it! He still barks inappropriately sometimes, and is ALWAYS hungry, even off the pred. He pants a lot in the evenings, too ....????? Maybe he has a tumor, maybe not. I take it day by day with him.

Love all of you for being here! Dee

Guest KRKWMU

I agree. :nod When Bonnie was sick, it was so helpful to come into H&M to get advice and support. I try to do the same in return. It is sometimes hard to "hang out" here, but it makes a different to so many. It does really help to know so many people are concerned and supportive.

Guest TurnerMiller01
There are definately some really good people on GreyTalk. Hugs to all who help the hounds in any way large or small.

DITTO :)

I could not have gone through what i did with Polli and then Beau without the people on GT.

the support was 2nd to none.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Winslowsmom

A perfect example of how GT folks are there is "Winslow's Diary". For 2.5 years they have been there for us. Now, with current issues, they have rallied again. I cannot thank these folks enough for the caring and encouragement we have received. We will always be grateful.

Glynis and Winslow

:paw :paw

:paw

I agree as well. The advice I received when Hobbes was ill was incredibly valuable. In addition to the excellent ideas, the moral support and good wishes keep us going during those difficult times. The day Fiona was attacked by a raccoon was a nightmare but coming here to Health & Medical kept me sane.

There are truly wonderful people on this forum and I will always appreciate their help and support.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest HeatherDemps

I agree whole heartedly..... I would have been at an extreme loss when Dempsey was diagnosed with osteo and appreciated the support so much when we lost him last year. I know how much I valued all of that and want to be there for others as much as possible because of that. There are definitely times it's overwhelming and heartbreaking, but never as heartbreaking as it is for the person with the sick baby.....

Nice of you to share your thoughts thank you............you're right there's greyt bunch of people on GT

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose