Diamond Is Limping, Holding His Paw Up

We woke up and right away I see that Diamond's limping

I checked his paw and didn't see anything

Let them out to potty, fed breakfast and he's still limping

He doesn't want to put any weight on it and is holding his paw up

I checked his paw and between the toes and his pad, nothing that I can see. It's not swollen either

I don't know if it's his paw or maybe is ankle or shoulder (but would he hold his paw up if it were something other than his paw?)

Any suggestions on what I should do other than watch it?

Soak it?

I did move his leg around and his foot and he didn't make a peep or pull it away so I don't think it hurts

Sparks got up sore and yelping but he was digging in the yard so at least I know what he did. Gave him a rymadyl. Happy Memorial Day to us :lol

So much for our group walk today. It will just be Passion and Lucky :( The boys are going to be very upset to be left home.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

When Jake hurt his shoulder he wouldn't put his foot down, so it could be anywhere on his leg.

Hey Diamond, you get to snooze all day you lucky dog. Hope you feel better soon.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Well crap, not what I wanted to read :( I'm hoping it's just his foot.

He did nothing yesterday other than walk (no running or being goofy in the yard)

I think I am going to give him a rymadyl. He can't seem to get comfortable. He just came and laid next to me on the bed

I just moved his leg around and touched his shoulder, no reaction

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Did you go over his whole foot?

What I do is: Flashlight and sometimes a magnifying glass. Check between the toes, all the way up on the top side, between each pad underneath. Gently press each pad. Gently squeeze each toe, then wiggle each toe side to side. Wiggle each toenail a little. Part the hair around the base of the toenail and check for any redness/swelling/etc. there.

Hope it's something simple!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My guess would be just over-exeration.

Personally, I would not give Rimadyl. I would give an ascriptin or baby aspirin and just rest him.

Disco hurt his toe running in the yard with Dessie a few weeks ago. He was three-legged lame for about 15 minutes and then limped slightly for a day or so. I believe I gave him a baby aspirin shortly after it happened and maybe one later on the afternoon. My guess is he dislocated his toe and it popped back in place with no further injury.

He was on the IR list for about 3 weeks, only going outside with the little dogs. We told him that his job was to protect the little dogs while he was outside with them. ;) He believed it. :lol :lol He is fine now.

:grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I'll have to pick up some baby aspirin

Thanks Jey, I'll check his paw that way now. I need to pick up a magnifying glass (do they sell them at Target?)

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I'll have to pick up some baby aspirin

Thanks Jey, I'll check his paw that way now. I need to pick up a magnifying glass (do they sell them at Target?)

Sure, in the gramndma section. ;) At least that's what I've heard anyway. :lol :lol :lol

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Could be the nail is cracked at the base, up in the hair where you can't see it? That can hurt like a mother but hard to see if they don't actually break it off and bleed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I think he wants BDB's!! ;):lol

:grouphug

Guest Jennifer4719

Xena does that every so often. She was walking on 3 legs for a couple of days, then limping for a day and now she is fine. She does this every couple of months and I can never see or feel anything wrong. She lets me touch it everywhere, but I can't pinpoint why she is limping. She is very dramatic, so I try not to get to worked up! Although, I did cut one of her nails too short and she never even flinched or anything(not why she was limping). I didn't even know I did it until I saw the blood!

He's feeling well enough to jump up and walk quickloy 3-legged to the kitchen for a cookie

:lol

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest Energy11

Yes, could be his shoulder. They will hold up the foot, no matter where the pain is originating from on that limb. I'd keep him quiet, and give a Rimadyl for today, and see how he is tomorrow.

Good luck to you guys! D

I am finally home (was helping clean out my grandma's apt since we moved her to assisted living 2 months ago) and he's still limping but not much. Also he let him touch his toe which he wouldn't let me earlier today.

I think he's feeling better. He ran downstairs for his dinner (I held onto his collar) so I think he's almost back to normal.

Geesh, don't scare me like that!

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Hope he is feeling better today!! :hope

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest Pipi5

Hey Kari...Brogan cracked the bone at the nail...we thought it was his shoulder & it ended up the toenail got infected...we amp'd the toe & Brogan acted like nothing happened. But he never held the paw/leg up...he walked on it limping the whole time.

I think he's a huge faker and just wanted treats

He was just fine today and running circles around the yard

Goof!

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17