Elsie Is Sick- Her Tummy Is Off

I started a thread earlier today that Elsie did not eat breakfast nor anything throughout the day except a few crunchy chicken tenders and Beau's z/d cookies.

She refused dinner as well. I offered her several different things.

Tonight was a rare event - we went out at night to my sister's BD party. We left the house @ 5:15 and returned at 9:30. I think there might have been a T- storm while we were out and I know Chloe FREAKS from them. I don't know hoe Elsie does.

Well, I came home to poop everywhere on the shag carpet. Everywhere with foot prints where there wasn't poop.

I have to assume it was Elsie who pooped. She still refused food, but took a few bites of some grilled chicken breast but that's it.

Looks like we are going to the vet tomorrow. Sigh.

Beau needs to be seen because of the stye in his eye that is getting bigger. He had a pustule on his tummy 10 days ago. I popped it and pus came out. Now it looks like there is another brewing on his belly. I think he needs an antibiotic.

I hope both Elsie and Beau have nothing serious going on. We had a few really good weeks and I really liked it like that.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm sorry to hear about Elsie's tummy troubles. Sending good thoughts for both Beau and Elsie's vet visit tomorrow.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Hope it's something simple and easily treatable, Robin. Sending lots of good thoughts. :grouphug:goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest momto5greys

I have a girl with IBD so I can understand. She has what I call pudding poop. When she has an accident though, she does it in the ktichen and the others are smart enough not to track through it for which I am thankful. I used to have Berber carpet in there and replaced with tile last year because pudding poop and Berber carpet do not mix! When she's going to have a problem I usually start hearing gut noises and if I can get a pepcid down her, that settles her tummy.

Hopefully your girl is just having an off day and you are not having the start of IBD. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I have a girl with IBD so I can understand. She has what I call pudding poop. When she has an accident though, she does it in the ktichen and the others are smart enough not to track through it for which I am thankful. I used to have Berber carpet in there and replaced with tile last year because pudding poop and Berber carpet do not mix! When she's going to have a problem I usually start hearing gut noises and if I can get a pepcid down her, that settles her tummy.

Hopefully your girl is just having an off day and you are not having the start of IBD. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Huh?

why would you think that it's a possibilty Elsie could have IBD? Just trying to figure out how that came about? :blink::blink::blink:

I DO have a dog with severe IBD diagnosed after thousands of dollars of testing, different foods, etc and a weight loss down to 52.4 pounds (male dog) finally open abdominal surgery to get a definite diagnosis.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Well lets hope that Elsie just had an off day. Mine usually don't want to eat if they don't feel good. I never worry about letting them go a day but if it goes two days, it's off to the vet.

Wonder if Beau has a staph infection because of his lowered immune system. I've never heard of that associated with the eyes though. But the postules on his stomach sound like it could be staph.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

Sorry to hear about Elsie's tummy troubles. We will keep our fingers and paws crossed for a good vet visit tomorrow for both Beau and Elsie.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Vet doesn't want to see us!! Can you imagine!? What would a Memorial Day be without the extra charge of a emergency visit!

For Elsie- she had been on an antibiotic so she said that could be what was causing her to stop eating. We've stopped the antibiotic as of yesterday (when she wouldn't eat) so she said to give it another day. Today she ate a very little bit of wet food for breakfast (about 1/2 can) of "blue" beef.

Beau- give him the compresses for his eye and for his tummy pustules, hydrogen peroxide.

So... we shall see...

Guest greyt2love

Good luck, Robin ! I hope Elsie and Beau come through with nothing major brewing. You need to have a calm, peaceful summer !!!

Sending healing thoughts to the puppers :(

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest Energy11

Gez Louise! Good thing that vet wasn't in the emergency field for years! Emergencies don't take holidays :-(

Keep us posted. Good that Elsie is eating something, too.

Hope Elsie feels better. Both of my girls had the big D this morning, but Skorch is normal. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I cooked them rice and chopped beef this morning. June ate very little, if anything.

There is always something to worry about as you know so well.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Gez Louise! Good thing that vet wasn't in the emergency field for years! Emergencies don't take holidays :-(

I think quite the opposite. Because we are there so often and spend so much money, she didn't want me to needlessly come in and especially on a holiday where they are open for emergencies only- so you get charged as an emergency patient. I was headed in and when she got on the phone and heard what was going on- she felt we should wait. I was happy not to have to bring them in.

She told me what to do and we are doing it. If things don't improve by tomorrow, we will go.

I have my vet's email and cell phone. She makes herself available to me all the time. I appreicate not being taken advantage of.

Just didn't want you to get the wrong idea about this!

Guest Energy11

I think quite the opposite. Because we are there so often and spend so much money, she didn't want me to needlessly come in and especially on a holiday where they are open for emergencies only- so you get charged as an emergency patient. I was headed in and when she got on the phone and heard what was going on- she felt we should wait. I was happy not to have to bring them in.

She told me what to do and we are doing it. If things don't improve by tomorrow, we will go.

I have my vet's email and cell phone. She makes herself available to me all the time. I appreicate not being taken advantage of.

Just didn't want you to get the wrong idea about this!

I guess I did get "the wrong idea," and thanks for clearing that up :-) GLAD you vets are cool!