Jack Is At The Vet, Need Your Positive Thoughts!

Guest Flysmom

Guest Flysmom

We found a lump on Jack's throat on Friday, 20 March. That is the day I had to let Fly go to to Fibrosarcoma.

First we thought his lump was either due to a Dentabone or because Ants bit him. The lump got smaller on its own but Jack hacked a few times everyday. 2 weeks ago the lump got big again and his poor eye was dialated. I took him to our local vet and he did a FNA and sent 2 slides off. Jack was on Antibiotics because the vet thought that it might be just an abcess.

The results came back on Wednesday and of course the slides contained too much blood but the Pathologist found 'abnormal spindle cells', which means sarcoma. Fly had the same biopsy results: 'abnormal spindle cells'.

Jack's 3rd lid came over his eye yesterday and the eye seems much smaller than the other one. I drove him to Lake Charles this morning and the vet there does not think it is an abcess, he is pretty sure it is lymphosarcoma. He put Jack under to do a better Biopsy. I was supposed to be able to pick Jack back up after a few hours but he called me and told me that Jack was bleeding pretty bad and that he wants to keep Jack there over night, because he is worried that Jack might start to bleed again and I would not be able to stop it.

Niklas, my 4 year old, was freaking out when we left Jack at the vet. He kept saying 'Jack is going to die just like Fly and Kira (our Rat Terrier we lost this January). I felt so bad for Niklas.

What is going on here? Is there a masterplan out there I don' understand. 3 dogs sick - 2 of them dead in 5 month!!! Fly and Jack were healthy dogs!!

Is it the water here? Seriously!! Our water is undrinkable since February - even the dogs and the cat refuse to drink it, I call the water people 3times already but they blow me off and tell me that they will flush the lines... I finally called the Parish Healthunit today and hopefully they will look into this... I am so upset right now!!

There is a correlation to neck injury and third eyelid. The growth he has is pressing on a nerve that relates to the eye. Our collie had a similar issue. When he recovers from from his surgery, his eye should go back to normal in a week or so. You could use the drops that your opthomoligist uses to dilate your eyes; that will help the eyelide recede.

I am sorry that your boy is sick and hope that he has a full and speedy recovery.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh I'm so sorry. Many prayers for your family and Jack. My heart goes out to Niklas. I can understand why he didn't want to leave Jack at the vet.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending prayers for the little guy.

Filter your water or bring bottled in. I highly doubt it is causing lymphoma, but stranger things have happened. I would be very concerned for your family if there is in fact, some kind of link!

On second thought, bring bottled water in. Don't even chance it for now.

The other thing is that I have seen people who end up "specializing" in certain diseases, not by their own accord. I hope for you all, lymphoma is not yours......

After doing some searching, don't drink the water nor cook with it until you have it tested:

Bad Water on Military Bases

This article is on well water, but I saw another that said a city was using some well water, so how do you know?

Well Water & Cancer

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

We found a lump on Jack's throat on Friday, 20 March. That is the day I had to let Fly go to to Fibrosarcoma.

First we thought his lump was either due to a Dentabone or because Ants bit him. The lump got smaller on its own but Jack hacked a few times everyday. 2 weeks ago the lump got big again and his poor eye was dialated. I took him to our local vet and he did a FNA and sent 2 slides off. Jack was on Antibiotics because the vet thought that it might be just an abcess.

The results came back on Wednesday and of course the slides contained too much blood but the Pathologist found 'abnormal spindle cells', which means sarcoma. Fly had the same biopsy results: 'abnormal spindle cells'.

Jack's 3rd lid came over his eye yesterday and the eye seems much smaller than the other one. I drove him to Lake Charles this morning and the vet there does not think it is an abcess, he is pretty sure it is lymphosarcoma. He put Jack under to do a better Biopsy. I was supposed to be able to pick Jack back up after a few hours but he called me and told me that Jack was bleeding pretty bad and that he wants to keep Jack there over night, because he is worried that Jack might start to bleed again and I would not be able to stop it.

Niklas, my 4 year old, was freaking out when we left Jack at the vet. He kept saying 'Jack is going to die just like Fly and Kira (our Rat Terrier we lost this January). I felt so bad for Niklas.

What is going on here? Is there a masterplan out there I don' understand. 3 dogs sick - 2 of them dead in 5 month!!! Fly and Jack were healthy dogs!!

Is it the water here? Seriously!! Our water is undrinkable since February - even the dogs and the cat refuse to drink it, I call the water people 3times already but they blow me off and tell me that they will flush the lines... I finally called the Parish Healthunit today and hopefully they will look into this... I am so upset right now!!

You are going through way too much right now. Of course Jack is in our prayers and you too!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest Flysmom
Sending prayers for the little guy.

Filter your water or bring bottled in. I highly doubt it is causing lymphoma, but stranger things have happened. I would be very concerned for your family if there is in fact, some kind of link!

On second thought, bring bottled water in. Don't even chance it for now.

The other thing is that I have seen people who end up "specializing" in certain diseases, not by their own accord. I hope for you all, lymphoma is not yours......

After doing some searching, don't drink the water nor cook with it until you have it tested:

Bad Water on Military Bases

This article is on well water, but I saw another that said a city was using some well water, so how do you know?

Well Water & Cancer

Diane,

thank you for the articles. Thankfully we don't live on base (I would be batteling water and mold issues right now....)

We use our filtered Fridge water and we are going to get a Filter for the faucet or a Britta pitcher. I will not let this go!!! Like you said Fly and Jack might not be related to the water, it might be just my 'luck' but something needs to be done, since we are not the only family who lives in this neighborhod....

Your extension office should be able test the water and I don't think they charge.

From some of the articles, there's a lot going on with water. If you think it's undrinkable, it most likely is.

The PUR filter removes a lot of junk and attaches to the faucet.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest Flysmom

Thank you all!!!

I am going to call the vet later to see how Jack is doing. Hopefully he can come home tomorrow. He did not want me to leave him, he leaned on me and when they took his collar off to put theirs on he tried to claw his way over the table to me. That is usually not like Jack! ( We are his 3rd home, he was severly abused - broken legs- by his other homes....) Niklas is doing ok, he is a typical 4 years old who forgets fast, but he already told me that he misses Jack. Cisco is calmer now, since we came home, he is not used being the only dog... Poor baby was panting when we came home and he is looking for Jack.

I talke to a friend who runs a Lab, he will test the water for us to see what it contains and we will look into the EPA standards for tap water - seems that the Health Unit has no interest in our concerns since they are not calling back...

Sending prayers for Jack.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers for your pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Flysmom

Thank you all again!!!

I talked to the vet, Jack was awake and sitting up. He was a bit uncomfortabel because of the pressuer compresses around his neck. I have to correct my earlier posting it is not Lymphoma, Dr. Woodward supsects Thyroidcancer and yes our water could be a cause, he recommended to have it tested.... :eek

If Jack is doing well during the night I will be able to bring him home tomorrow!!!

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sending prayers for Jack; and the water situation, I don't know that I'd trust even filtered water from your tap at this time! I'd go with bottled. I am sorry your family has gone thru so much loss in such a short time and my heart goes out to your little boy.

I think I would have bottled water too from now on. Hope Jack can come home today!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest trevdog

Sending prayers....I'd do bottled as well why chance it? Where we used to live was a medium sized subdivision, oddly enough after we moved we found out quite a few people in there were being treated for cancer and were of all ages....you never know.....and the water was a bit off at times.

Where we live now is on a well, we have a water system and I also have filtered water, that's all the pups drink and I cook with. We also get it tested several times a year....probably doesn't matter but not much extra cost to risk it.....

Edited by trevdog

Sending powerful healing light :candle to Jack and gentle hugs of comfort for Niklas. :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead