Poor Mr. Toby Is Loopy!

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

Amber's cocker mix (now at least 15) was diagnosed with a bad disc 7 years ago, just before he was going to start agility in the 4-H dog club. We've been incredibly blessed as he's only had one bad flareup that resolved with a steroid shot, along with oral pred for the short term.

He's had another bad flareup, so off to the vet's he went this morning. He did get a steroid shot, but also a shot of morphine as he was in extreme discomfort and vomited this morning. Amber said he also vomited on the way home on her stick shift. :blink::sick

Amber carried him in and he's now verrrrrry stoned in his 'thinking chair' (aka the glider rocker in my computer room) whilst his fluffy dog bed is currently washing. :smokin

If you could think a few good thoughts or prayers, it would be appreciated. The steroid shot should kick in within the next 24 hours. Thanks!

Guest Energy11

Prayers coming from here for the poor guy. Sometimes, Morphine can cause nausea, and "loopiness". Could be a little of everything working on him.

Get well, sweet Toby! :grouphug:bighug

Guest Tenderhearts
Prayers coming from here for the poor guy. Sometimes, Morphine can cause nausea, and "loopiness". Could be a little of everything working on him.

Get well, sweet Toby! :grouphug:bighug

The vet did tell Amber not to be surprised if he threw up a time or two after the morphine. She just wasn't expecting it on her stick shift! :lol

He's out for the count now on a comforter till his doggy bed is finished drying. :sleepy

Poor Toby. I'm sure he didn't mean to puke on the stick sick shift.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Tenderhearts

His prognosis is guarded. :(

He did finally stand on the exam table, but he's knuckling under badly. We're adding oral pred, and she also sent home some tramadol for pain management.

As soon as I got him home, I had put him on the couch to go back out to the car and get his dog bed. He got down and wobbled badly to the back door because he had to urinate so badly. He finally drank some water after I carried him in.

No improvement this morning. Amber took him outside, he had bad diarrhea and fell backward into it, so he had to have a bath.

My heart is breaking for the old guy. :cry1

Guest Pipi5

Toby, I feel your pain! Morphine not only made me sick, but I itched all over! Its awful, but sure takes the pain away. I didn't eat for a week either! No wonder drug addicts are so thin!

I sure hope you start feeling better, Amber's going to have a hard time explaining why she can't get her car in Park. Sorry...officer, its dog throw up.

Devon- I will be adding this boy to my prayers list- for sure.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Tenderhearts

No change other than he ate really well for supper, some cooked chicken, rice, and softened kibble. This is breaking my heart. :cry1

Hoping that the pred will kick in soon and have him feeling like his old self. It's tough on the old guys, but we'll just have to pray just that much harder. Hugs for everyone and healing light for Toby.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Tenderhearts

Just talked to the vet and we're going to increase his daily doseage of pred for now. That's really our last option on this. :(

Guest Tenderhearts

I'm cautiously optimistic. Since his dosage of pred was increased this morning, he's been motoring around the house, albeit still like a drunken sailor. However, he's not knuckling under on his hind feet as badly. He also managed to poop without falling on his butt outside, and after he did his manly 3 pees, he dug up the ground with his front legs (he usually uses his back legs) for a happy pee dance.

I've been mixing a bowl of food for him at meal times and simply serving him on the sofa where he has been laying, but he motored to his usual position in the kitchen this evening and let me know in no uncertain terms he was ready for his meal, thank you very much. :rolleyes: His appetite is definitely back.

I've got a couple of fellows willing to build a two-wheeled cart for him if need be, but for now we will continue to hope the pred brings more improvement. :hope

GT prayers are a powerful thing indeed! :nod:D