Is It Ok For Fenadryl Patch And Metacam

We just returned from yet another visit to the vet. Loca is wearing a fenadryl patch for pain. The vet said it's ok to give her metacam also if she seems uncomfortable. Yesterday the vet tech told me not to give her metacam until the patch is removed (Tuesday probably). Does anybody know who is correct?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest Energy11

I would take the vet's word as well.

The Fenadryl Patch is narcotic-based, whereas the Metacam is an NSAID (like human Ibuprophen). The Fenadryl is totally for pain management, and Metacam for both pain and inflammation.

Poor baby of yours! Hope the combination of the above makes for a restful, stressless weekend for you all! :grouphug:goodluck

Should be fine. Note that fentanyl can cause loss of appetite.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I would take the vet's word as well.

The Fenadryl Patch is narcotic-based, whereas the Metacam is an NSAID (like human Ibuprophen). The Fenadryl is totally for pain management, and Metacam for both pain and inflammation.

Poor baby of yours! Hope the combination of the above makes for a restful, stressless weekend for you all! :grouphug:goodluck

:nod

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Note that fentanyl can cause loss of appetite.

And restlessness.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest MAXNAV

My guys have done wonderful with Tramadol and Metacam. As long as they had food in their stomachs, they'd take both with no side effects. Pain was controlled with Tramadol and Metacam helped with inflammation. Within 24 hours it was amazing how much better they were. We've never used a Fenadryl patch so I'm not sure about having that with Metacam. I would think that the Vet knows best, and not the tech.

This poor girl can't catch a break. I am so sorry Robin- I hope she gets relief soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project