Best Crate Pads/beds For Incontinence?

Guest Greensleeves

Guest Greensleeves

In case you didn't see my other thread (and update!), Jenny is having some incontinence issues. She's starting on a low dose of PPA/Proin, but I don't know if we should expect this to completely eliminate accidents?

Anyway, she sleeps in her crate, and she often has a buddy sleeping in there with her. Right now we've replaced her bed with towels, but I want to make sure that she and her bedfellow are comfortable if Jenny does happen to wet the bed (for some reason, it seems more of an affront for the other dog to have to sleep in somebody else's urine. :lol). Obviously we will be washing the bedding as soon as we realize it--my concern is for the few overnight hours before we can check.

Suggestions?

Thanks!!

I have a female who can't hold it all night. (she's 14.5 so I forgive her!) and I bought a dozen of the bed pads that are used for humans. I got them off Ebay and they are WONDERFUL! Since they are washable, they are cheaper in the long run and more green than the disposable ones. :)

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest greygirls2

baby crib mattress pads are good too. They are big enough for the crate, washable and fairly cheap at places like WalMart

I use the pads from JRS medical supply. I bought the 34x52 and they're the perfect size. You can put one inside the bed, and then one over the bed for protection. They wash great and JRS ships fast.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest eaglflyt

We bought a $14 twin bed comforter from Wal-Mart for crate bedding. When doubled over twice, it fits Ady's crate perfectly. She doesn't have incontinence, but I like to keep her bedding clean. We just take it out, pop it in the washer and dryer ... and we've got very clean bedding for her again. It's a lot less expensive than fancy crate liners/bedding that can't be washed as easily or frequently, if at all.

Edited by eaglflyt

This company has different sizes available at very reasonable prices and fast service.

Jrs Reusable Bedpads

:nod

I wouldn't buy them anywhere else, this place is hands down the best. I've bought them other places and no one compares to their price, selection of sizes, shipping (lightening fast) and, most importantly, quality. They are thick, soft and nothing leaks through. They can survive big paws nesting in them, unlike other pads I've purchased. Oh, and they are new, not used!!!

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014