Zoe Isn't Feeling Well Today - Update Post #23

Guest 4baddogs

Sending prayers for Zoe and you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh, poor Zoe, poor you! Praying that she bounces back quickly. Everyone needs some rest!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

sending prayers! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest 4baddogs

Zoe and I both collapsed around 8:30 last night. She woke me around 11:00 to go outside and then I didn't wake up until 5:00 this morning. I jumped out of bed and ran to the living room because she never woke me up again during the night, scared to death that something happened. I was afraid to touch her because she can't hear and she'd be startled. I watched to be sure she was breathing and once assured she was, I went back to bed. :)

I got up at 6:30 and Kirby went to the living room and woke her up as he usually does. She went outside and walked around for a bit, but didn't pace or pant or even squat down and get stuck - yay! One thing I did was not give her any Torbutrol last night after reading a lot of posts here that a possible side effect was lots of panting and pacing. She wasn't really interested in eating her food this morning but she ate a little of Kirby's.

My husband got home around 10:00 this morning and said she pranced outside like normal. She only woke him once during the day.

When I came home at 4:30 she was standing at the door for me as she normally does. She was excited to see me and looked pretty normal. She's still not eating normally but she'll eat dog treats, raw ground beef, yogurt, some people food like bread. The one thing she's completely obsessed with is that we've blocked off a hillside in the yard that she likes to use. She was sliding down the hill when it was wet and we're worried she'll get hurt. Now she walks back and forth over and over and over staring at the fence trying to figure out how to get through it (she can't). Glenn thinks she won't go if she can't go there. :)

So it seems as though she's doing better and I pray she continues to improve. One thing I need to talk to the vet about is she's been on antibiotics for so long, like over a year, for her leg. Any time she goes off of them something flares up. When she goes off of them this comes up. Maybe she needs to stay on them for the rest of her life?