Prayers Requested For Uncle Higgins (gracie & Gus' Uncle)

Guest Vinnie

Guest Vinnie

Hi All -

I know this forum has been very busy lately but I am hoping there are a few extra prayers that we can direct to Gracie and Gus' Uncle Higgins. As most of you know, I am lucky enough to be able to bring G & G into my office with me as my boss (and good friend) brings in his grey, Higgins. Higgins is the reason that I got into greyhounds as during my interview he came out and was able to look me straight in the eyes as I was sitting down, and it was love at first sight.

IMGP2460.jpg

Well, our big, beautiful brindle boy is not feeling well. He has been getting sick off and on and occasionally throwing up, but this morning included bile and blood! Pix are below if you are not too queasy, could use some thoughts or advice. He is at the vets now and they are keeping him to run some tests. He is not tender to the touch and his pee was normal color. He did not go poo when I took him out after his episode, but his dad says that when he throws up it is usually followed later with explosive d - runny and red, but no blood chunks like I found this morning.

During his exam they also found a little polyp on his rectum that they are going to take a quick biopsy of and they found out that his large front tooth is dead! And they have no idea of when that happened as he just had a dental a few months ago. Higgins will be turning 6 next week and I am hoping that with some extra prayers from fellow gt'ers, he will be up and able to enjoy his party the way that every houndie should be able to do!

And if you have any suggestions or advice, please post as I would love to pass on any info to the vet. Thanks so much.

A very worried Aunt Cat

Do not scroll down further if you get queasy easy, or scroll really fast so you don't see (you can click to enlarge, but it was disgusting so I made small):

th_IMGP2736.jpg

th_IMGP2737.jpg

th_IMGP2739.jpg

Edited by Vinnie

Assume they'll check for a foreign body.

Sending all manner of prayers and best thoughts to handsome Uncle.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Annie

Sending many prayers for our hero Higgins!!! :hope :hope :hope

As the blood is red as opposed to looking like coffee grounds, it could be from his mouth or throat? (The redder the blood, the closer the source is to the orifice it is coming out of).

Poor Uncle Higgins, I hope he feels better soon!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Vinnie

Update:

Thanks for the prayers everyone. Higgins is now home after a battery of tests. He is not feeling bad and has not had any more episodes. They will not have the test results until the start of the week but the good news is that the xrays did not show anything that popped out at them. They have given him some prilosec so hopefully that will help his tummy and we won't have any more blood issues if he gets sick again. Will update again when we get the test results in.

Keeping Higgins in my prayers.

I have to add, no wonder you fell in love. That face is gorgeous.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I sure hope they figure out what's going on with Higgins. :hope

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Add my prayers for Higgins to feel better and that they can find a diagnosis to treat him. He is just so beautiful.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy