Stinky Feet?

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

Anyone else have a grey with really stinky feet?

If so, what is the cause and how do I fix it?

Sizzle is not stepping in anything, I have no grass in my yard, only rock. I have no idea why her feet stink so much.

Thanks!

:):blink:

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Yep Buzz has poo feet! Link :lol:lol What I found helps a lot is to wash his feet daily. I don't know why he has stinky feet either. He's also not stepping into anything. But washing and using those scented wipes helps a lot.

Guest StriderDog
Sorry, I'm no help~Soul's feet smell like corn chips and his head smells like waffles :lol:

Strider's too!! I thought I had the only maple syrup headed dog!! :lol

Perhaps this has been answered in previous posts -- but can anyone explain WHY their feet smell like Fritos??

dogs have scent glands in their feet, they leave a pheromone trail as they walk, part of their territorial marking, they also spread the scent by scratching after a poo or a wee to further personalise the mark. people have scent/sweat glands in our feet too, one reason dogs like to lick people feet as they 'read' our moods thru our scents (and it's a submissive move on their part that many humans enjoy). of course dog & human feet can get stinky due to bacterial action which masks the natural foot pheromones we give off. humans sweat more, we wear socks and shoes which exacerbate any infection, so we tend to have stinkier feet. people call the dog foot smell fritos, corn chips, tacos, walnuts, etc. to verbalise a smell which is not quite any of them.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

I'll take your word for it that they smell like fritoes. My neighbors think I am crazy enough already that I pamper and play with the pups so. What would they do if they saw me sniffing paws???????

Loony bin for sure???

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Guest FullMetalFrank
I'll take your word for it that they smell like fritoes. My neighbors think I am crazy enough already that I pamper and play with the pups so. What would they do if they saw me sniffing paws???????

:lol

Loony bin for sure???

Aw, come on, give 'em a sniff! You know you want to, LOL! :lol