Please Tell Me This Isn't A Swollen Lymph Node...

Rascal has a largish lump. It is right behind her left front leg, toward the armpit area...sort of on the upper leg. It is squishy, and doesn't seem to be attached to the underlying tissue.

Could this be a lymph node? Given that Buddy left us one month ago today, as a result of lymphoma, I am a bit paranoid...the lymph nodes in her neck seem to be OK, not swollen.

I hope it's just a lipoma.... :unsure

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

That is a location for a lymph node but the fact that it's squishy is good news IMHO

Sounds like it might be just a fatty deposit.

No experience or advice on this, but sending prayers your way.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest TBSFlame

Beecher had a swollen lymph node is that very place for years. We tested it several times and turned up nothing. No others were ever swollen.

Guest Vinnie

No experience in this just wanting to add to the prayers - chanting fatty deposit in my head! Hugs, scritches and lots of prayers.

Guest RICHandJUDE
Rascal has a largish lump. It is right behind her left front leg, toward the armpit area...sort of on the upper leg. It is squishy, and doesn't seem to be attached to the underlying tissue.

Could this be a lymph node? Given that Buddy left us one month ago today, as a result of lymphoma, I am a bit paranoid...the lymph nodes in her neck seem to be OK, not swollen.

Our male grey gets a squishy mass a couple times per year. His is on the elbow

area on his one front leg. Is Rascal's lump on the bone part itself? He gets it drained

then it goes away for a while. Our problem is a hygroma. I don't know if this is Rascal's problem or not.

A hygroma is a false bursa that occurs over bony prominences and pressure points, especially in large breeds of dogs. Repeated trauma from lying on hard surfaces produces an inflammatory response, which results in a dense-walled, fluid-filled cavity. A soft, fluctuant, painless swelling develops over pressure points, especially the olecranon. If long-standing, severe inflammation may develop, and ulceration, infection, and fistulas may be present. The bursa contains a clear, yellow to red fluid.

Good Luck!

Our male grey gets a squishy mass a couple times per year. His is on the elbow

area on his one front leg. Is Rascal's lump on the bone part itself? He gets it drained

then it goes away for a while. Our problem is a hygroma. I don't know if this is Rascal's problem or not.

A hygroma is a false bursa that occurs over bony prominences and pressure points, especially in large breeds of dogs. Repeated trauma from lying on hard surfaces produces an inflammatory response, which results in a dense-walled, fluid-filled cavity. A soft, fluctuant, painless swelling develops over pressure points, especially the olecranon. If long-standing, severe inflammation may develop, and ulceration, infection, and fistulas may be present. The bursa contains a clear, yellow to red fluid.

Good Luck!

IF YOU GOOGLE HYGROMA< one picture shows a hygroma on the leg. It looks exactly like the one our greyt gets.

Rascal, you are NOT PERMITTED to have any lumps! No, no, no, no, no.

Let us know how she's doing, Melissa. And give the girl a hug.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

RICHandJUDE, no it's not on her elbow. It is above the elbow.

I really think it's nothing.

It CAN'T be anything.

It HAS to be nothing.

Nancy, will give the prescribed hug, along with a few kisses, too. Rascal loves you and Doug!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

I really think it's nothing.

It CAN'T be anything.

It HAS to be nothing.

It WILL BE NOTHING

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

N-o-t-h-i-n-g! Ya' hear??? NOTHING! It's not a cotton pickin' thing! It's gonna be less than nothing!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead