It Just Keeps Getting (worse) Now-better!

I woke up to the sound of Beau whimpering as he was trying to shift positions. He was barely able to move. Refused breakfast for the 1st time since the pred.

We took him into the vet as planned to have the banadage removed, he was now holding the RIGHT leg up. Upon examination and a lot of screaming, vet saw that right leg was swollen. It was fine on Wed. It was his left hip on Wed.

In addition, he is running a fever. I did not ask how much. We decided right then and there to do a full set of x-rays under sedation and now I sit and wait... again.

This just can not be happenening.

Please, tell me it's not.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are so sorry... Sending lots of prayers and hugs..... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest vahoundlover

I was just going to check on Beau when I saw this. Forgive me if it's been asked before, has Beau had a TBD titer done thru NC State? Keeping your baby boy in my prayers. :grouphug

Oh Robin, I am so sorry to hear this. Beau, get well soon baby. Sending lots of prayers and wishes that this is just a temporary set back. I imagine the not knowing is the worst part. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh no, Robin. Sending lots of hugs and prayers. I second the TBD testing. I think you said in another post it hadn't been done, and I think I definitely would.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

My God Robin, when's it going to stop!!!

We're holding that beautiful boy in our prayers. And prayers for you to keep your sanity.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I was just going to check on Beau when I saw this. Forgive me if it's been asked before, has Beau had a TBD titer done thru NC State? Keeping your baby boy in my prayers. :grouphug

Where exactly should the test go and what exactly should we test for? Please be specific so I can pass it on to the vet.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Where exactly should the test go and what exactly should we test for? Please be specific so I can pass it on to the vet.

Robin, here's some more info.

Phoenix had babesia when I adopted him, which is a TBD. I forgot to mention it and I'm sorry. His symptoms included limping, exhaustion, depression and listlessness. He couldn't even walk across the street without needing to take a long rest. He was treated with two shots of imidocarb two weeks apart and has been fine ever since.

NC State info

Please have Beau tested if he hasn't been already.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I need a list of whcich TBDs, sometimes not everything is included. Do I just say FULL TBD?

I need a list of whcich TBDs, sometimes not everything is included. Do I just say FULL TBD?

sure, i would. there are a whole mess of TBDs. the NC State website that I referred to seems to have all of the info you need. i know lots of dogs here on GT have had a variety of TBDs because greyhounds move around so much. I had difficulty getting Phene tested and diagnosed here because babesia isn't native to Ontario, nor are the brown ticks that carry it, but where we live now is completely irrelevant.

We used Prototek labs in Arizona also. We were lucky as the little critters were visible in Phene's blood.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

"One thing to be aware of is that if your dog has been on antibiotics or prednazone in the past 6 months, the test can be masked by these drugs, giving a negative response. It's always best to wait 6 months to take a tick titer test to be sure the test returns a reliable response. "

Beau is on 40mg of pred to address his severe IBD and can not come off of it, NOW WHAT???

"One thing to be aware of is that if your dog has been on antibiotics or prednazone in the past 6 months, the test can be masked by these drugs, giving a negative response. It's always best to wait 6 months to take a tick titer test to be sure the test returns a reliable response. "

Beau is on 40mg of pred to address his severe IBD and can not come off of it, NOW WHAT???

Honestly, if nothing comes from today's x-rays, I would go ahead and put him on doxy (assuming that pred + doxy is OK).

Hugs.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest lanielovesgreys

Oh Beau. :( Here's hoping things get better quickly and the rest of your year is full of easy, calm, and happy. You and your poor pooches deserve no less. ((hugs))