Prayer Request For Angel

Guest KyGrey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's about the same as yesterday. The vet said that she should continue in the ICU at least for another day. So she's getting fluids, antibiotics and anti-vomiting meds. She just mostly sleeps. She walked into the room, but was having difficulty standing. The vet brought in a blanket and we laid on the floor together, but she didn't seem to particularly know or care that I was there. She's just too tired. She sleeps - that's about it.

So far, our two day total is = to my mortgage payment. Holy crap it adds up.

On the bright side, Sunscreen Man is doing well. He misses her I think, but is healthy.

I appreciate your kind thoughts and words. I really do. I'm so depressed, I can hardly get out of bed. In fact, I didn't until my appointment to see Angel at 1:15. I made dinner though and the kids and Sunscreen Man are in the other room eating seconds, thirds and fourths. So that's good. I think we're going to watch Alice Adams.

Thanks again. I'll let you know tomorrow what's happening.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest KyGrey

I'm sure he does miss her.

Hang in there Tami. I know it's easier said than done. Where there's a will there's a way and one way or another the vet bill will get paid.

How long had it been since they took her outside before you got there? That might have something to do with how tired she was especially while you were there.

:bighug You know I'm here for you.

Guest WarmheartedPups

Oh Tami,

I am so very sorry. Angel is a fighter ....and so are you.......hang in there...I will pray for all of you.

No change as of now. She's been in the hospital for three days now. I have a meeting with the vet at 4pm. I have no idea what to expect.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

No change as of now. She's been in the hospital for three days now. I have a meeting with the vet at 4pm. I have no idea what to expect.

Please let us know what the vet has to say, and know that you are all tucked very tightly in our prayers and every good thought we can think

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Sending more good thoughts your way. :hope:hope

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Angel is home. The vet seemed think that a) there wasn't much else to be done in the hospital, and 2) she was getting very stressed out. He said he could tell she was getting very depressed, and thought perhaps she might at least eat if she were home.

She came home and drank a lot...then puked. So I took the water away and tried to get her to eat something. She won't. She just lies here sleeping.

I'm hoping to get the vet from the adoption group and my vet to discuss the case and see if anything more can be done. My vet is going to fax over the test results. He said to call him tomorrow.

Angel seems comfortable, but just sleeps and won't eat.

Oh, and she's peeing a lot of blood. They don't know if it's from her bladder or her kidneys. But she only gets up to drink, pee on the floor, or puke. Then back to sleeping. She's emaciated because she won't eat anything. She hasn't eaten since she had a tiny bit of food Sunday. The vet said not to force her, but to keep trying things - whatever she'll eat. Which is nothing. NOTHING. I've tried everything, and she just spits it out if I try to put something in her mouth anyway.

Oh, and she's peeing a lot of blood. They don't know if it's from her bladder or her kidneys. But she only gets up to drink, pee on the floor, or puke. Then back to sleeping. She's emaciated because she won't eat anything. She hasn't eaten since she had a tiny bit of food Sunday. The vet said not to force her, but to keep trying things - whatever she'll eat. Which is nothing. NOTHING. I've tried everything, and she just spits it out if I try to put something in her mouth anyway.

This is so sad. I feel so bad for her as well as you. I hope you can feel the warm hug I am sending you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:( Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.