Prayer Request For Angel

Guest KyGrey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VelvetEars

All you can do is try to keep her comfortable. Perhaps all she wanted was to come home so she could leave on her terms, surrounded by her family.

I know it's hard....on so many levels. Emotionally, mentally, financially, physically....even spiritually. I wish I lived closer so I could be of more help. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm a phone call away, day or night.

Tami - Try turkey baby food or cottage cheese. My old man foster wouldn't eat for days and he LOVES cottage cheese and turkey baby food mixed together.

:grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh, Tami, I'm so sorry for you, and for sweet Angel. It is so hard when they are getting so thin, won't eat...been down that road very recently. :(

Hugs to you. We DO know what you are going through.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

I force fed her about three bites of cat food, but she just wouldn't swallow any more than that. Cottage cheese doesn't work, either. She just has no interest in anything. She'll get up to go outside once in a while, but it seems to wear her out. I have her in a little area where the floor is covered with rugs and potty pads so she won't slip or pee on the hard floor. I've been trying to get her to drink broth at least, but she only wants water. She looks skeletal.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Well, I forced another few bites down her throat. She seems like she'll tolerate me doing that for about three bites, then she just refuses to swallow. She gags a little bit. Definitely doesn't like it. But I don't feel like I have a choice. She is only drinking a little water now. She'll get up to get a drink and then back to bed. I did get her pills in her this morning. Anti-nausea, pepcid and antibiotic.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Buddy had a B12 shot a few days before he left us....it didn't seem to do much, but then again he had lymphoma, which we discovered a few days after the shot....

Prayers for sweet Angel, and you too Tami. Hang in there. We are all here for you.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest KyGrey

Tami, it's so hard to sit by and not be able to help you. Lots of prayers are still going out to you and Angel.

:bighug

Do you know if her kidneys are working? And did the vet give you a prognosis?

If she handles a few bites of food without throwing it up, what about trying the Nutritional Yeast sprinkled on those few bites. That may very well kick start her appetie. It's loaded with the B's. But my concern would be if she can't hold the food down.

She's is in our prayers, as are you, I really do understand the stress of all of this

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Vanilla Ensure is something else I'd try...when Sutra wouldn't eat ANYTHING else, he would always drink the Ensure. Only give half a bottle at a time and no more than a full bottle a day though or you'll see diarrhea.

I'm just trying to throw out ideas as they come to me :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--