Back From Vet

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

The vet believes that Alan has "hypoplastic trachea". He was so stressed that his raspy breathing was going on which was a good thing for the vet to hear. He does not believe it is LP, so I'm happy about that. I will have to research the diagnosis, but it seems to be what happens as they age. His heart and lungs sound good and clear. One kidney feels "odd" but the blood test results for the BUN and creatinine will be back tomorrow. Overall, he's doing fine for his age (11.5) and all of his conditions. He did lose 3 lbs. though. He can afford that. Thanks for the good wishes for my Alan and advice. He's resting now and I need a drink!

Edited by ss556

Guest MyCody

Greyt news about the LP, I'm going to look up his condition, can never know too much about these pups.

Hugs to Alan, a double for you!!!!

Good news! Hug that sweet boy for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Good boy Alan!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest KyGrey

Hugs to you and Alan.

The vet has already told me that Lee's LS will eventually go up his spine into his neck and he will get the raspy breathing. He will NOT be a candidate for LP surgery or whatever it is due to his age. He turned 13 this past November.

that is greyt news Alan! I am glad it is nothing major...you are both doing a greyt job.

I am not sure what LP is though...can someone explain briefly or give me the full name so I can research myself? thanks!

My bridge girl Dalmation "Lady" coughed as she got older... (she lived to almost 14!) vet said it was the same thing I believe Alan has been dx. with. If I remember correctly (don't count on that!) she was given cough medicine..but not anything with decongestants in it (that would make the heart beat fast...not good for an old dog). This was a different vet than I see now and almost six years ago..so I am not sure if they have changed treatment since then!

Edited by dbullwinkel