From Phoenix's Family

Guest chubbster

How could we NOT love Phoenix? How could we NOT mourn with you? We love them all - no matter what. He was yours, he was special and he will be missed. :f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest EmbersDad

i remember reading his story when he first arrived at greyhound angels. it reached me and i visited to make a donation and to give him a biscuit. i did this twice and will be ever grateful that i did.

It is very easy for us to understand how you feel and to invest ourselves and our emotions into these hounds that we don't know. We are a huge global greyhound community brought together by the love of the breed and the desire to improve the quality of not only their racing life but to change an industry wide concept of a hounds "life after racing". We have played a large roll in and invested ourselves physically, financially and emotionally in the betterment of the hounds with many great changes that are continuing even today. We have also invested our hearts into our hounds. They are a part of our family and our every day lives as much as our children are. We are a special group, we hound people, because we have the capacity to feel empathy for the hounds and by extension, the families who have them. We do not see our hounds as disposable or property to toss out if they become inconvenient as many pet owners do. We love our hounds and to love one is to love them all. If one of us hurts, we all hurt. If one is lost, it is lost to us all. When we grieve one, we grieve them all. Greyhound people share a kindness and compassion for the breed, their hounds and those within the greyhound community. It is this support system which makes it all possible. We depend on each other to accomplish our goals, share our grief and joy, share information and simply share our hounds.

On this occasion, we share our condolences to you and your family on the loss of your sweet Phoenix. We mourn with you the loss of a beloved hound. We rejoice in a life that was lived out comfortably with love and affection. We welcome you into the family that are hound people.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest taylorsmom

Oh, Judy, I am just so stricken. I remember walking Phoenix (then Nick) very carefully outside of the GAA kennel, when he had been returned with that horrendous open injury on his leg. He was such a spunky boy, getting himself around even when he must have been in such terrible pain. I remember how happy we all were to know that Phoenix was brought into your home after having such a tough, terrible time of it. I remember how happy you were to be taking such good care of him, the joy you felt at how much more comfortable he was after you had to make such a tough decision (to have his leg amputated). Best of all, I still remember seeing him last GIG, so pleased that he was in a loving, caring family at last.

Most of all, I will remember Phoenix, the brave spunky boy. Run free, sweetie.

Guest greytmonty

Judy, I am so sorry. I remember I met you with Phoenix at U Penn when you were having his leg evaluated pre op. He was such a strong and loving dog, and such a survivor. I am so glad he had your loving home for the end chapters of his life. I am so sorry for your loss.

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting