Prayers For My Ig Flex Please

He has a prostate infection. I just spoke with the vet..Flex has a prostate infection. I just found him licking his penis to the point of bleeding all over his shirt! She said the pred can make it worse and he was given his last one today. I am hoping stopping that will help him.. he must be so uncomfortable. She wants him on baytril (and flagyl) for 3 weeks..then bring him in for a recheck and blood work. I am worried..hoping this has been what has been going on for so long; that it is an infection and not cancer. She told me to clean him with a little peroxide; I am not looking forward to that. She said it is unusual in neutered males. Anyone have experience with this? Thank you. Donna

No experience but I KNOW you are in the very very very best of capable hands with ML. Prayers for Flex and please, you know you can call me for anything.

Hugs.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Poor little bug. Might be better (and more comfy) to clean with dilute Nolvasan solution. If you really want to use the peroxide, cut it 50% with water -- won't burn that way.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor little bug. Might be better (and more comfy) to clean with dilute Nolvasan solution. If you really want to use the peroxide, cut it 50% with water -- won't burn that way.

Batmom.. I have Nolvasan I am using for one of my greys..he cut his leg. this may be gross...but do I expose his penis by moving the skin back? when he licks himself he does this. Do I rinse the nolvasan as the directions say? My vet is off today otherwise I would give her a call.

I am thinking now...when my son first got him...he had a major problem with licking and the penis not retracting..the vet (we used at the time) performed surgery to expand the opening of the skin covering the penis. i wonder if this is adding to his problems..we don't go to that vet anymore!

No experience but I KNOW you are in the very very very best of capable hands with ML. Prayers for Flex and please, you know you can call me for anything.

Hugs.

thank Robin! Hope your guys are doing OK..Donna Edited by dbullwinkel