Heartworm Meds Online

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

I'm afraid we have burned a bridge with the old vet. There is a girl there that has made me cry on several occasions. The last time we were there, she made us wait for almost one hour (we were the only ones there at first, then everyone that walked in was served before us.) Then the other girl behind the counter said something to her about it and she said (where we could hear her) "I don't care what the doctor said, they can wait." Poor Rudy was burning up with a fever. We walked out and went to another vet that is a good practice, but much more expensive.

Anyway, the first vet had great prices on HeartGuard Plus and its generic. The new vet will charge us to see Lola to give her an Rx, plus it's about $15 per box more for the meds themselves. Also, I have to buy a pack for my niece's little dog (my sister won't do it.)

Any online suggestions? Thank you.

p.s. I don't want to sound so cheap, but we are trying to pay for my foot surgery, DH's upcoming ear reconstruction, property taxes and income tax. Thanks for your input!

Edited by argolola

Any of the AU sites. A lot of people use Deadflez. I use Petsmegastore and have for years. Shipping is reasonable and the stuff gets here quicker than from a lot of US places.

The low cost shot clinc we go to does the test for $15 (no office call) and they sell the generics almost as cheap as AU. You might look and see if there is something like that near you if they are also due for testing.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest Redpack

How about writing a letter or phoning the first vet advising why you are not going there anymore. Sounds like this person could be ruining their practice. I'd give it a try if you liked the doctors.

If you have a local Banfield they offer a free walk in clinic for vaccines & then you get the script for heartguard. If they dogs are not due for shots call & speak with them if you can just bring them in for heartguard testing & then get the script. I know some people on here don't like Banfields but everytime I'm used them I've been very happy.

I get my dogs med here: http://www.discountpetdrugs.com/

I purchase supplements, prescription items that are "doggie" only and can't get at Walmart. Also there is $5 for new customers and after you are a customer they will send you on line codes for discounts.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest ctgreylover

I would try to speak to the DR from the first practice directly to let him/her know you have this issue. You may not be her only victim. My friend had an issue with her own surgeon. The billing person was rude to make it a short story. Well , before my friend was discharged from the hospital, she heard the mean billing lady was gone! Apparently she was harassing other patients too.

I dont know any, but agree with everybody that has said that you should talk to the vet about this person, and if you have to, have someone else call for you so you can get past her and than talk to the vet. Either way, talk to the vet if you were happy

As long as you have current records that show a recent hw test and that you've been buying/giving the meds, the new vet should be able to just sell you more.

If she's not had a hw test in a while, you really should have that done before giving more, regardless of where you get it.

Guest argolola

We dose every month, no exceptions, and they are tested once a year. I am faithful about this because Lola had heartworms when we adopted her, so we don't mess around.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out.

Edited by argolola

Our local Petco's have a monthly vaccine clinic of sorts..the vet goes in, and it is MUCH cheaper than an office call and what the average vet charges. They also do on the spot heartworm tests, and sell Heartguard right there. I also get a $5 rebate for it every single year as well (per box). If you have Petco's..give them a call. My vet knows I do it, I try to save money where I can without skimping on the important vet stuff. If he wanted to match their prices, I'd go to his office for it all, but I won't pay more for the same exact stuff. This vet even does a quick wellness exam, and will mention you should see your regular vet if he sees anything amiss. Well worth checking into!