Question About Tramadol

Guest jettcricket

How many mgs is it? My girl, Cricket, has osteo (she weighs about 60 lbs) and she gets one every 8 hours.

The tramadal that I give her is 50 mgs.

Guest greyvettech

I think it's all the same..it's all 50 mg.. The dosage range for a dog is anywhere from 2 to 4 mg/kg- So, it depends how much the vet feels the dog needs... not quite sure the range for humans though-I do know that they have tramadol time release for people- :blink: As far as I know, that is the only mg that is available...

Edited by greyvettech

It's the same thing; Lewis is on 100MG twice a day. I get mine at Kroger...100 for $6.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest FullMetalFrank

Just make sure the human script is for plain tramadol, not tramadol APAP (also sold as ultracet) which is tramadol with acetominophen. That is what I take and because of the acetominophen I would not be able to share mine with the canines. I am fairly certain they dose the two differently; i.e. my Ultracet is 37.5 mg or 75 mg per tab vs. 50 or 100 for plain tramadol. Just another easy way to tell the two apart.

Edited by FullMetalFrank