Monty Had Chemo Number Five Today (tuesday)

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

As we await the third pathology testing, which will be back in about two weeks, we have to continue Monty's chemo so that he does not become drug-resistant.

Today we did his vincristine at our local vet. We pretreated last night with generic Zofran and are giving generic Reglan and generic Zofran today and tomorrow. This med made him very nauseated last time, on days 2 and 3 especially. Since he is also on mega antibiotics we are worried about his tummy.

he will get chicken and pasta for dinner tonight!

I love our vet. I keep saying it but I can't say it enough.

The vincristine was donated by OSU (I love them too).

The charges for today: 1/2 hour of vet and vet tech time, catheter, bag of fluids, needles, etc: $49

I bet that barely covered their cost for the materials.

Guest jettcricket

Jett was also treated with vincristine with no ill affects. The boy had a cast iron belly. :lol

Hope he has no ill affects from his treatment...keeping you and your boy in my thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes for sweet Monty.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Would your vet like to vacation in Central Florida? Sending prayers for our fave Monty!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sending prayers for sweet Monty. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Hollys2hounds

Kisses to my buddy!

Here's to a peaceful night sleep, filled with good dreams!!! Not just for Monty, but for everyone in your house!!

You deserve it!

Your vet price was great! There is a vet here, locally, who charged $100 to administer Dr. Coutos drugs to a dog with osteo.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest greytmonty

Chemo is once per week for four weeks, then a "bye" week for blood tests, then once a week for four more weeks etc. Total is about 22 weeks (or 26????)

Bottom line is next week he will need chemo as the stains take two weeks.

That protocol is not easy. How is he doing today?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest FullMetalFrank

Sending continued prayers for your boy and a big, warm hug to your vet's and to OSU for being so kind. Restores ones faith in humanity just a bit to hear of stuff like that. I hope Monty's pathology results come back soon and that he won't need more chemo.

Guest greytmonty
Oh no - poor Monty. Is the leg issue a known possible side effect, or is this something you need to call the vet about?

will email onco vet this am. Not sure.