Good Thoughts For Maxx, Please

Guest Maxx

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you and your Maxx, and sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Adding our prayers to the chants for Maxx. Hope todays visit was much better and that he gets some weight back on him. Sending extra hugs and scritches.

Praying very hard for Maxx. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Some good news to report, finally! Maxx's appetite seems to have picked up a bit. We tried the Satin Balls recipe, and he does seem to have a good deal of interest in them and will eat several. The problem now is that they're causing the big D. The previous owners of my home had white carpet. This is a really bad combination!

Any suggestions on firming up the poops? So far, Pepto has been unsuccessful. He refuses to eat rice.

Have you tried pumpkin? We are a fan of it here, just the plain old canned stuff with no seasoning in it.

Prayers and good thoughts for you and Maxx.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

canned pumpkin did wonders for Fletcher's poop while we were figuring out his IBD, but it doesn't work for everyone. I'm pretty sure it can't hurt, tho. give him a big old spoonful of the plain canned pumpkin, not the pie filing and see if it helps :bighug

Guest KennelMom

I'm glad to hear his appetite is returning. Anything you can get him to eat that will be a fiber source should help. Many folks use canned pumpkin. You can also go 'straight to the source' and use metamucil...if you get the powdered kind you could mix it right in to the satin balls. I think they even have the flavorless kind that mixes in with water.

My pups say that metamucil wafers are just like cookies! One half to one wafer twice a day. Sending hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I forgot to mention - we did try the pumpkin. Two words: butt fountain. It even splattered on our walls! :blink: I'm not eager to repeat that one.

I think I might try the Metamucil or some slippery elm over the weekend and see if that helps.

Sending more prayers and hoping for a positive update....

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sorry to report that Maxx lost his battle this morning. While he did seem to improve for nearly a month, he suddenly backslid about 2 weeks ago and became sicker than before. OSU tried one last surgery on Friday to biopsy his liver in hopes of a last chance diagnosis, but it was just too much for our boy. One of the ER vets (whom we know from outside of the hospital) checked on Maxx in the ICU and noticed that his breathing was very labored, most likely due to throwing a clot that went to his lungs. Thankfully, he called us and we made it there in time. He coded shortly after. In my heart, I hope he knew that we were there with him.

We tried so hard and he fought for so long. Absolutely nothing could have prepared us for how devastating this heartbreak is. Thank you everyone for all of your kind thoughts and prayers. I wish we had a better outcome to share.