Streamer Got Hit By A Tree... :(

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest BlackandBrindle

Those are the same abrasions and cuts that Spud got when he ran into a chain link fence and wiped out.

You might want to give him some ascripton or baby aspirin because he'll be sore by tomorrow.

Hope he feels better soon!

Guest p51crazyhorse
looks more like a fight with a cat with nails , or racoon

I think not, the other dogs would have killed anything like that. I dont see any way that a racoon or cat could have done damage like the scape on his side which is the size of my hand.

I discovered that he had another big scrape on the inside of his elbow on the same side as all the rest, he seems to be in no pain today and is back to his usual self. It was still a littel puffy this morning. I will try to get some pics to post in a bit......

Glad to hear that Streamer is feeling better this morning. Poor guy - hope he had lots of bikkies to ease his pain.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Do you have stairs outside? Daisy slips on our outside stairs sometimes (MUST.RUN.EVERYWHERE!!) and her leg goes down between the stairs. She just got a new cut yesterday. Cosmo did something similar once at a dog sitter's coming up from her basement. She struggled so badly to regain her footing she cut her leg so badly the vet wasn't sure he'd be able to save it (it did heal), and she had lots of bruising on her chest--apparently from her struggle to get back up.

Hope Streamer feels better soon,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

OUCHY!!!

Sweetie took a spill on some ice in our backyard a week and a half ago--split open a 3/4-1" spot on her right "knee" and had very similar looking scrapes and icky bruises on the edge and inside of that knee/thigh area. She ended up with three stitches to close the cut, just because it would pop open every time she "sphinxed"--but all is hunky-dory now. Just half a Rimadyl that night and the next morning.

:grouphug:dogcookie to you and Streamer!

I have come SO far in not freaking out over the "yard wounds" with these greyhound (my firsts), but it took awhile, and a few trips to the vet (and E-vet), where I'm sure they were laughing at me when I left. Oh well.

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Guest greytexplorer
looks more like a fight with a cat with nails , or racoon

I think not, the other dogs would have killed anything like that. I dont see any way that a racoon or cat could have done damage like the scape on his side which is the size of my hand.

I discovered that he had another big scrape on the inside of his elbow on the same side as all the rest, he seems to be in no pain today and is back to his usual self. It was still a littel puffy this morning. I will try to get some pics to post in a bit......

ummmm Here's what a scrape with a raccoon looks likes (Mandy is the model here) 12 stitches and one 8-inch drain>

IMG_05111.JPG

And on another occasion, last September, Ester and Mandy got wrapped around each other's axles while trying to jump out of the car and be first to get into the soccer field.

Ester splayed out and skidded across a dirt/rock/paved footpath, which meant a trip to the e-vet to put 3 stitches in each of her front legs. She also skinned up her chin (which means blood on the top of Mandy's head---took me awhile to figure that one out) and other little pock marks from the pebbles she skidded across. By next morning, I could see bruising on her underside. Vet gave her a week's worth of tramadol, and I gave it to her every day til it was gone. She was pretty banged up.

Streamer, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know you're hurting, honey. Have your hooman put a trammydol pill in some icecream, and that should fix you up riteawaykwik!!!! :kiss2

~Pat

Edited by greytexplorer

Guest p51crazyhorse

Yowch Mandy!!! dont mess with those bandits!!! I didnt mean a fight with a racoon wouldnt be bad, it was just that the wide scrape that Streamer has looks like road rash. I would describe Mandys as more of a ummmmm trench! :eek ouch!

How did Mandy and Ester enjoy thir christmas? did their stockings get filled??? ;)