Good News, Bad News

RobinM

The good news is that we are not hearing gurgly tummys.

The bad news is that his eating stinks.

He is now on the I-D which requires more of it for his weight which should be 64 pounds. He has lost a considerable amount of weight visably. So, he has been eating a few bites in the morning and that's it. We will wind up feeding him 4 times a day in order to get the appropriate amount of food in him and that works well when we are home to cater to him. But come Monday when we have to go back to work. We can not do that. He will go without eating and lose more weight.

He also wants to eat on a bed, rather than his feeder which is new since this all started. His eating habits are becoming more and more like Polli's. (it is her son) which scares me. 2 like that! No, couldn't be.

he's not really into the I-D but then again, there is nothing he is really getting into since this all started.

He is otherwise loving, wanting to walk and gets crazy happy when we get leashes out etc.

But the eating is still iffy. He is on prilesec and cafate.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am glad the gurgley tummy has stopped! I don't know what to say about the non eating. Some dogs (and people) are just not into food. Can you separate him and leave the food out for him to snack on when you are gone? Or will he only eat it "fresh"? Maybe it will get better over time, I hope so :bighug

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhhh Robin ...... what can we say about our Fur Kids ,always something . I don't know what to Advice. My Vet says,

when he is hungry ,he will eat !. But us Mom's worry. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Glad his tummy is *sounding* better. I hope he starts eating soon. Since you have been through this over and over with Polli, I'm sure you know all the tricks. Fenway used to like parm cheese over his food, that would work when he was otherwise not interested in eating.

When you go back to work can you try to feed Beau first thing when you get up, and then right again when you leave? Then, when you get home feed him right away, and then later in the night? Just offering suggestions....I hope you find something that works!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Are you adding canned i/d to the kibble? Might warming it up a little in the microwave make him eat a little better (obviously the canned before adding it)?

No, I am not adding the canned I-D. I am not 100% sure there was a problem with the PP sensitive stomach to tell you the truth. I don't think he likes the ID.

I mixed chicky and rice in, he picked out the smallest pieces of chicken- I could not believe it. Then I added in ground beef and believe it or not, he is not into beef (like his mother) Now lately, he does not like the boiled chicken - YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME- RIGHT? But prefers the grilled chicken. Man if he weren't so underweight, I would make him wait until he was really hungry before I jumped through all these hoops.

Anyway, after he turned his nose up to 1/2 his breakfast and did not eat it later in the day, and after he turned his nose up at dinner with beef and chicken mixed in, I put TRIPE in even though I am suppossed to be keeping it bland...

he ate it, or most of it. I will give him the rest later.

Again, I am not sure he has a prob with the PP sensitve. When he gets more settled, I will try 25% added and see how he tolerates it.

To give you all an idea of the eating situation here, Polli is now my better eater of the 2. :eek

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project