I Don't Know What To Do About Beau.

RobinM

he just threw up. A mound of grass that looks like the Big D.

I know it's not your choice, but I'd be tempted to mix a little raw hamburger and warm water with the ID to see if he will eat it. I don't think I've ever had a dog refuse raw hamburger.

Except Polli. She hates beef.

I did try the I-D, Plain, with lightly and I mean lightly cooked beef, chicken.

He is not a poop eater.

He is just sick to his stomach and can't eat or drink.

I just emailed my vet.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Bringing him in to vet. Nothing to eat/drink since Sat eve.

This can't be happening.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Fingers crossed here that your vet can get to the bottom of what is bothering Beau's stomach. Perhaps an ultra-sound will give some answers. I'll be thinking about Beau today and hoping for a productive vet visit. :goodluck :goodluck

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Ok, he ate a VERY SMALL amount of kibble with almost raw chop meat out of my hands. A very little. Also, a very little bit of water.

We are not going to give the flagyl this morning as we did not last night either, but should I give the prilosec before we leave for work: I don't know what to do anymore.

I would give the Prilosec - it will help his stomach. It could be he wanted to eat because the affects of the Flagyl are wearing off and his stomach is beginning to feel a tad better. Just go one-step-at-a-time and let him be your guide to eating. It is a good sign that he had both some food and water.

Edited because I can't spell!

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

He had almost no kibble but he did have a decent size amount of chopmeat, lightly cooked. pink meat but a little brown.

He drank about 1/3 of a 2 quart bowl. If he doesn't throw up, he will not have to go in, if he does... then he will need x-rays.

We did give the prilesec. Sulcrate Suspension was called in to the pharmacy as well.

I am praying we are getting passed this.

Guest taylorsmom

Robin--I am so sorry to hear that you and Handsome Beau are going through this!!

I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet, so please forgive me if this has already been suggested and tried.

Rita has also had the terribly gurgly/frantic grass eating tummy that you describe, and what did the trick for her is probiotic supplements. When she gets gurgly, I give her several squirts of a canine formula probiotic paste and it clears it up nicely. I get it online from Natren.com, and they have a canine and a feline formula.

Hope that helps--we will keep all fingers and toes crossed for a good resolution soon!!

The other thing that has helped Rita's tummy consistently is a raw diet, but I would guess you don't want to go there!!

I will be looking into a probiotic and Kennelmom- IF he throws up one more time (he threw up 2x within 3 days) he will be having ex-rays. When he did throw up, it was on an empty stomach, all grass.

Thinking of you all this morning and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

He has not had his urine checked but I could have that done easily and his labs were good. We just did those Saturday and they came back yesterday, unless of course- it was too early to see but this has been going on for almost a month. Hopefully, it would have shown if it were there.

I'm a big 3 day rule person...3 days of being off or acting ill and it's off to the vet. If no improvement after 5 - 7 days of treatment...antibiotics, food change, or whatever then it's back to the vet for x-rays and/or ultra-sound, and more tests.

I think it's time for Beau to have more tests, this has been going on way to long.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11