Lucius Is A Little...off...

Ok...news. The vet says she he has normal heart rate, pulse, etc. If it were not for his back legs being a little off and some of the other things she would think he was ok. Bloodwork is not in yet, but she gave him some antibiotics and pain killer. She's thinking he could have a tick borne illness. Not saying for sure yet but she wanted to treat him for any infection/tick born illness. We'll be talking to her Monday. If nothing significant comes up in the blood but the meds haven't helped him she will run diff tests and xrays. I shudder at the bills with our current financial pain but he's worth it all and more.

I went out to take my disabled friend to the grocery store and when I got back he zoomied and played...he hasn't done that in days. So, hopefully it's minor. Keeping fingers crossed and prayers active.

When they test for TBD the usual test is for Ehrlichia and Lymes --- please have them also test for Babesia. Prayers for Lucius and you!

I will ask them for that. Thank you!

Guest LovesDoggies

Did you say something was wrong with his back legs? You mentioned something in your follow-up post, but not in your initial post . . . I don't think.

Did you say something was wrong with his back legs? You mentioned something in your follow-up post, but not in your initial post . . . I don't think.

Yes. He was walking strangely. Kind of stiff. He's walking fine now, ever since he got some meds. It's strange. The vet did not want to do xrays until we saw if it was a temporary thing or not since he could have been stiff or sore from weather.

Update - They saw nothing in his blood work. He's going to finish out his prescription and then if he is still acting funny he goes in for more detailed blood work and xrays of his legs. Hoping he feels better before it comes to all that!

Thanks so much for caring. :)

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Well, that is some good news. I hope the meds he is on helped him pass through whatever was making him feel off and that once he's off the meds he'll be your same good Lucius!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Well, that is some good news. I hope the meds he is on helped him pass through whatever was making him feel off and that once he's off the meds he'll be your same good Lucius!

Thank you! I'm hoping for this outcome too. :) He played today...that's a good sign again. :)

Thank you! I'm hoping for this outcome too. :) He played today...that's a good sign again. :)

Hey, now that's a great siggy!

How's Mr. L today? It's good news that he played yesterday. I sure hope he's on the mend.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014