Mango Update

I know - I've been here before and then things have gone to H*ll in a handbasket.

As of today, her kidney values are finally NORMAL. They did a CBC to check for infection and it was NORMAL. The drain has been removed, as have the IV fluids. She's drinking, and they've gotten her to eat a little bit, which is possibly the best news of all right now.

And, nosy gal that she is, she got up, all by herself and unsolicited, and walked herself out of the hospital room at the back of the treatment area, then did her little circle, circle, circle ritual and plopped herself down to watch what everybody was doing.

She wasn't about to do any of that for me when I visited tonight, but that's okay. So long as she keeps doing it for them, she can come home soon.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed tonight...

Takoda is holding his own, still a little wobbly, moreso in the wickedly cold (for Dallas) weather we are having right now. I hear him coming now, probably to ask to go out. I'm checking with people in my group for acupuncture recommendations in the North Dallas area and will see about getting him to one as soon as I can.

And that all the news that's fit to print from this house tonight. Off to go snuggle with my fuzzy boy...

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that sounds great Kate! I can't wait to read that Mango is coming home. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Fantastic news!!! I do hope Mango continues to improve and comes home soon!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest GreytMuse

Awesome update! Keep it up, Mango! :yay

We have used a holistic vet who does acupuncture, Kate. He's a good guy and seems to know his greyhounds, as long as you can catch him in-town...he's Martha Stewart's vet and is gone periodically. He's also written quite a few books, including one on cancer in dogs.

Shawn Messonnier, DVM

Paws & Claws Animal Hospital

2415 W Park Blvd

Plano, TX 75075

(972) 867-8800

www.petcarenaturally.com

Hope this helps!

Excellent news - Mango seems to be on the mend. :yay :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GracieGirlGrey

I love when you talk of how curious she is and that she makes the effort to get up and reposition herself where she can see everyone. That seems like a good sign to me!

Keeping all 3 of you in my prayers girl............ hang in there!

Courtney, you're the 2nd person to point me toward Dr Messonnier. I think I will give his office a call today.

Sara, that's the one thing that's been constant with Mango this whole time - her curiousity. They open her cage in the morning and lay towels on the floor outside of it, and she moves herself out to where she can see what's going on. She loves to be where the people are - apparently no matter how good or bad she feels. She hadn't done it so much last week, but she was still watching from the doorway, even when she wasn't walking on her own. That is what's keeping us fighting for her!

Okay - I'm off to hook up the work computer, so I won't be back until tonight - hopefully with an even better update!

Thanks, everyone, for your continued good thoughts for my Baby-girl!

Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

And, nosy gal that she is, she got up, all by herself and unsolicited, and walked herself out of the hospital room at the back of the treatment area, then did her little circle, circle, circle ritual and plopped herself down to watch what everybody was doing.

Wonderful! Mango, get ready to go home soon!

Guest EmbersDad

good girl mango! :yay :yay

i sing to u....

Spasm waiter dropping to his knees, sees

Slander on wrap paper ties

Lifting up his head he feels the sunlight in his eyes

Grasp a kettle top and shoot the breeze, please

Ramble while slop scraper sighs

Tossing in his bed at night hell dream until he dies

Operations at the sink

The dribble liquid visible beneath his troubled eyes

Feels it tilt and start to slide

Mask a pretty hoppers foot with squeeze cheese

Dangle some grape apple pies

Tranquil and serene until he runs out of supplies

Your hands and feet are mangos

Youre gonna be a genius anyway

Sounding good :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Good news two days in a row! Mango took to wandering around the clinic today! Dr D said when he went to put a leash on her, she actually sped up. And she's been doing some of her pogo'ing for them. And she continues to eat. Do I dare get my hopes up?

They are doing hydrotherapy on place where they removed the necrotic skin, and keeping it slathered with an antiseptic cream to protect against infection. Dr D said they want to get some good granulation going there before they try to close it up some. Since she's begun licking at it, they are going to put an e-collar on her :( And they are going to start keeping her cage door closed so she doesn't get into trouble - I worry about that because it's her need to be among people that's getting her up now. But I also understand why they can't have her wandering loose in the clinic.

Here's hoping for 3 days in a row of good reports. And a gratuitous picture of Mango and Takoda in their favorite spot to hold you over.

apr08to121108068.jpg

Greyhounds Unlimited

All paws and toes crossed, and many prayers coming that your pup will continue healing and be home soon!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, this is such welcome news! :yay Does she have to wear an e-collar? Would a BiteNot collar work?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sending more prayers...hurry home sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

EmbersDad, I totally did not know where you were going with this until I reached the chorus. :lol The song is unfamiliar to me...but Mango says thank you for singing to her!

Greyhounds Unlimited