Goodbye My Buddy, Sexton

Guest Bethf03

Guest Bethf03

This morning I said goodbye to my little buddy, Sexton. He went down hill drastically in the last few days. so this am I took him into the doc, stayed with him until they put him to sleep , told him goodbye, I loved him and held him. Then I left the room and let them put him down. :weep. He was a good boy. We had him for 4 years, brought him to Tn with us from Phoenix where we adopted him from. He did a lot of traveling with us, and I have a lot of good memories with him. He was a loving mellow, wonderful pet. I dont think I have ever felt this way about anyother pet I have had. ( i never had a greyhound b4, big difference).

He is running free, no pain, he can see again. He will be missed, but never forgotten, and always LOVED!. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts while he was ill. You all are great!!!

goodbye my sweet prince, run free.

Beth, Jerry & Unique

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rest well, sexton.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest Bethf03

We had to say goodbye to our little boy today after 4 mos of struggling with bone cancer to the head, spine, ribs. He is no longer in pain and running free.

In remembrance to my sweet boy, who was our buddy and went everywhere we went. He will be missed but never forgotten.

Run free (pain free now) out little boy.

06/09/1999 - 12/11/2008

IMG_0906.jpg

Edited by Bethf03

Guest joedogs_mom

I am SO SO sorry. We put our Joe down 2 weeks ago (our first Grey). We only had him for 5 1/2 years...he would have been 10 in January. It has been one of THE hardest things I've ever had to go through. Rest assured, your Sexton has made some great new buddies up in Heaven. I understand your pain and am thinking of you.

Guest joedogs_mom

I posted in your other thread but am posting again here to tell you just how much I will be thinking of you. I know it is so hard...all of my sympathy.

Rest now and then run free sweet boy.

I am so sorry for your loss. :f_red

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Beth,

I am so sorry about Sexton.

You gave him the final gift of love - freedom from pain,

Sexton is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for him.

Godspeed sweet Sexton, you are deeply missed.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

I am so very sorry. I am thinking of you and your family at this time.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow