Grandpa A/k/a Champ

Guest KennelMom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tammymacb

Oh Heather. I just saw this and I'm crying with you.

He was such a great boy...so well loved and special.

Godspeed Gramdpa. You will be missed.

Guest MrsDooLittle

Oh your beautiful tribute made me smile between the tears. What a special boy Grandpa was. I have always admired his name, and his picture in your signature.....especially those ears!! He touched the lives of so many over the years.

I know your heart is aching and I'm so sorry....

Cindy

I'm so sorry to hear about Grandpa's passing. The pictures you shared with us are all so touching - but especially the first and the last. With both Grandpa and Spiff, I think you could see how young their souls were in their eyes - even though both were teenagers. Grandpa was very lucky to have found you to share his final years with.

:f_white :f_white :f_white

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Heather and Ken,

How this thread rips my heart. What a wonderful tribute to your champion boy.

I feel at the bridge, he was greeted by The Queen, who probably sidled up and said hey handsome ~ on the first anniversary of her going to the bridge. I can only visualize two Greyt GoldenGreys racing across the fields at the bridge, Grandpa with his sailor mouth, and The Queen right at his side giving her trash talk too!!

Big hugs to you lady~ and know that when Grandpa officially retired he got the best, which is what any Champ deserves!!

Guest ArtysPeople

Thank you so much for sharing Grandpa's story. He really was The Champ.

:gh_run2 :gh_run2 :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :gh_run2 :gh_run2

Edited by ArtysPeople

What a beautiful tribute! I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved companion. Grandpa certainly touched a lot of people. His life was a blessing that will stay with all who knew him.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

Guest luvmygreys

Heather...just now seeing this thread..I'm so sorry for your loss. Grandpa was one beautiful hound as all of yours are. You'll have so many greyt memories of him..I'm hoping they'll help you through this difficult time. God Bless! :grouphug:f_white:gh_run2 Run with the wind Grandpa! You are indeed a champion!

I'm so sorry you've lost Grandpa. What a wonderful boy he was.

Run free at the bridge, sweet boy.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for adopting Grandpa and giving him a wonderful life.

Grandpa is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for him.

Godspeed Grandpa, you are greytly missed.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Guest jeannejj

Grandpa was one great dog, and he was lucky to have your love. You are lucky to have the memories. May they bring you peace and comfort.

Run free, sweet Champ.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest VirginiaGreys

Heather....I just found this picture ...and I think it's of your Grandpa and my CJ together (I do believe that he was trying to prove to CJ that he was still "all that" as he layed with her on the couch in SC...and I thought you might like this copy.

I'm so sorry to hear about Grandpa's passing....he was truly a special hound. :grouphug

Captured2005-9-23BBH00007.jpg

Just seeing this. What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Champ. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest CampWhippet

My thoughts are with you and Ken right now Heather. I had the pleasure of meeting Grandpa just once and you know me and the seniors.

Run fast again Champ. :f_white