Beau's Tummy Is Off.

RobinM

Over the course of the last week or so, every 2 -3 days he has been waking us about 1/2 hour early to go out. The difference is that he will not just go out and do his thing, he will stay out there for 1/2 hour. EVEN IN THE POURING RAIN!!!!

He will nibble whatever grass he can find and just be wandering around.

When he comes in we can hear his tummy from across the room. It sounds like the 4th of July. He las lost weight and Beau has been maintaining his racing weight since we adopted him. So, he can not affored to lose an ounce. All his ribs are now slightly visable.

I will get an appointment just as soon as I can, but I'm trying to figure out what this is. A gastro intestinal virus? Wouldn't the others get it too? Worms? We've been through the worms thing before but this is not how it manifested itself.

ETA- other than this - his is his normal mental case, happy self!

ETS #2 Poops were a SPLAT with grass in it. DH is dropping it off to vet on his way in to work. We have 9:30 appointment tomorrow morning. IF he appears worse, he will go in today.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SoulsMom

Could be worms. When Soul had his scary bout with HGE it had been brewing for a little while and the off and on symptoms were gurgly tummy, wanting to eat grass, and refusing his breakfast. One month before the scary episode that landed him in the hospital we were at the E-vet on a weekend because he'd refused breakfast that morning and was in obvious discomfort. They diagnosed him with worms. Obvously they were wrong, but with GI symptoms and/or small amounts of blood in the stools that is usually what they go with initially . . . .

How are his poops?

One possibility is that he ate something that irritated his stomach and now (as with people) it is producing acid. Could you try a Pepcid tablet and see if it seems to sooth it a bit? Or maybe a little bit of chicken broth when his stomach is growling?

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

We gave him a pepcid this morning- he did refuse breakfast even with boiled chicken breast in it- he kept walking over to it and smelling it and walking away. I am home today so I can feed him whenever he feels like it. I am waiting for the vet to open and will make appointment for either today or 1st thing in the morning.

His poops are soft to loose as usual.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Sending prayers this is just a little bug! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

It might be better to let him fast for 24 hours instead of trying to get him to eat-- i think I made Penny's HGE attack worse by letting her continue to eat instead of fasting her so that her tummy and GI tract had a chance to fight off the infection that was causing the Big D. I would second the Pepcid suggestion and add an Immodium to help with the "splat" poops.

Poor baby, I hope he feels better soon!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

It might be better to let him fast for 24 hours instead of trying to get him to eat-- i think I made Penny's HGE attack worse by letting her continue to eat instead of fasting her so that her tummy and GI tract had a chance to fight off the infection that was causing the Big D. I would second the Pepcid suggestion and add an Immodium to help with the "splat" poops.

Poor baby, I hope he feels better soon!

He did eat his breakfast about an hour after the pepcid was given, in addition to several cookies. I can get an appointment today if I need to but the greyhound savvy vets are not in and I would rather wait until the morning (unless of course GOD forbid it gets worse. I don't want to give him immodium after just one splat and until his poop is evaluated.

In the meantime, his poop was dropped off so at least that can be evaluated immediately.

He is resting comfortably and is like I said, otherwise happy. So, hopefully he just has a gastro intestinal bug. And a small bug at that!!!! ;)

Oh, poor Beau! I hope it's just a temporary bug. Let us know what the vet says tomorrow!

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Get yourself 100% pronto sweetheart! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Just back from vet. Poops= no worms. He must have a virus. he got a shot and we will keep him on pepcid 2x a day for the next couple of days.

he did seem OK this morning, but I didn't want to take the chance.

My Beau Beau is not brave! We are happy to be back!

Awwww...Kiss him for me. The Flashman is KNOT brave either...breaks your heart to see them so fearful. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg