Trembling And Clicking Jaw

Guest jaxmax

I've had my greyhound for about four months and I've noticed that sometimes his jaw starts trembling. It is usually when we are sharing a moment of warmth with each other. When his jaw starts trembling he pulls away and pushes into a new position to stop the trembling. Today he's been trembling a lot and it seems to come after a day where we had spent a lot of time together. I was wondering if this could be the beginning of a health issue that I have to look into or if this is just a typical greyhound thing.

Guest BLIsStillFlying

I've heard it called the 'greyhound purr'--my younger boy does it whenever he's excited or really happy, and now my older boy is picking it up from him! It's nothing but cute and means he's happy.

Perfectly normal around here. Minerva chatters when she's particularly keen for attention!

Thanks for your reply. So do you just keep giving the affection amidst all the clicking?

If you are referring to chattering, yes, perfectly normal. Both my Beau and his momma are master chatterers!!!!!

Happy, stressed or just excited- they chatter!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My Flashy chatters ALL the time. It's very sweet. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Miss Isabella starts out with a wicked little grin that turns into chattering with a bit of "talking" thrown in. It then morphs into full blown laughing hysterically chatter with a grin so large her face disappears in it. It is absolutely the funniest thing I have ever seen. You must have a very contented hound!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

My new boy Sagan chatters at breakfast and dinner time. I think it's pretty cute. :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greydogluvr

My Willie is a chatterer. I just love it. He chatters away everytime I come into his field of vision. I can not walk past him without acknowledging him....usually with a kiss

Aww, what's better than the chatter :wub:? Both Mokkah and my current foster are chatter/puffer/schneezers... I LOVE those sounds!!!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

My "newest" girl, Anna, chatters when she is being petted - it's so sweet! You really have to get your ear close to her head, but she will be just chattering away! Ssooo sweet!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead