Hannah Has Gone Blind

Guest hannahmom

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your girl. I know you will get lots of advice and ideas from Judy and I'm sure Hannah will do fine.

Guest hannahmom
How's this little girl doing? Did she enjoy her birthday? Did she get plenty of ice cream?

Miss Boo is doing amazingly well - she's a tad short tempered, and someone has had a couple of accidents, but stress will do that, - not a concern

She had fresh moose steak for her birthday - she's a carnivore my girl, and she says you don't need no stinkin' eyes to smell fresh moose steak.

She thanks everyone for their well wishes, and so do I

:nod

Guest hannahmom

Hannah's vet just called

She said that she wasn't 100 % thrilled with the bloodwork we tested on Sat, so she sent it to the regional vet college for an expert analysis ( and wouldn't be charging me for this 280.00 CAD service )

Everything is normal normal normal - no indications of seizure, or epilipesy or a brain tumor.

No adrenal ramping up, so no Cushings concerns

She recommended a book that Judy ( Jillysfullhouse) has sent to me ( thank you Judy ) and has declared the essential oil idea suggested by people here "brillant" and intends to pass it on to all of her visually impaired animals.

So, besides being blind, my little grump head is fine

She has managed to raid the compost bucket, body check Grover out of her way and just tried to eat my dinner while I was still eating it - in other words, she's acting perfectly normal for Hannah.

I think we're going to be OK

:colgate

What wonderful words!

I suspect she feels *she* can compost the bucket's contents more quickly than the bucket can, right?

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest tricolorhounds

Whew... What a relief that must be...

Hannah, you need to wait until Momma gives you some of her dinner, not take it right off the plate without permission :shakefinger

Absolutely fantastic news. Hannah should adjust very nicely then. I'm glad to hear this good news!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That's great news! I'm so happy she's adjusting so well. :)

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Brilliant news! :grouphug Hug the little stinker for me. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.