Worried About Penny

Guest K9Cookies

My heart sank when I saw Penny's thread was locked. But, I didn't see any new updates. I've been so worried all day. Looking for some news or an update. :hope

Penny was diagnosed with lymphoma awhile after Bonnie. I've been following her progress all along. It's been so tough to read that she went through so much and kept fighting.

I know we are all worried about this little girl. Susan, can you give us some news when you can? Thinking of you. :grouphug

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You and me both. I also saw the thread locked and got worried. :blush

Sending more prayers for Penny and her family. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thanks Kristin, my heart sank as well. Penny has been through so much and I was so thrilled to hear that she was coming home. Please, please let the update be a good one.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest jettcricket

What a pretty girl...I just clicked on her greyhound data page. Normally when threads get locked in health and medical it's not good.

Still hoping thou....

Sending lots of prayers and white light. I was very upset when I saw the thread had been locked, I pray nothing happened.... :grouphug:hope :hope :hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Checking in again with prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

Guest SoulsMom

I'm worried as well. As far as I know, as of last night Penny was still with us when her thread was locked but she was feeling pretty rough :(

Guest poopsie1

I'm awfully worried too. I sent her a pm this morning to see if she still needed some help with Penny next week and this was the response from her:

No, but that may not be necessary. She doesn't feel good, so Saturday

may be the day she goes to the bridge. She has a wicked butt rash-

she won't sit down or lie down, I have to almost force her. The only

thing she'll eat is McDonald' cheeseburgers. She is constantly shaking,

I don't know if it's the pain, her nerves or what it is. She doesn't

have a temperature. She's clearly not happy. I don't know what to

do.

I did pm her back but I didn't hear anything more. I had her number somewhere but now I can't find it. I'll try going through my old cell phone to see if I can pinpoint which number is hers. Amber, do you still have her number? How does a thread get locked? Can the op do it or is it done by a moderator?

If you hear any more....Please tell Penny's family we are praying and sending white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

I too have been thinking of Penny and her Mum.

I hope nobody minds me saying but I don't personally think that anyones PM should be posted here without there permission. The general gist is OK to post but I just don't feel comfortable with someones words which they have sent by private message, being posted without their knowledge. No offence intended.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest poopsie1

I found Susan's number and just spoke with her. Penny is still hanging on but, according to Susan, she is clearly not happy and Susan doesn't know what to do. She got a tube of ointment to put on her butt but said the tube is so small she could use the whole thing tonight. She also got some special food and has to syringe feed her along with some pain medication. At this time, she's not sure if Penny is ready to go to the bridge or if it's just because her butt is so raw - she has to force her to lie down. She wanted me to thank everyone for your concern and kindness and to keep the prayers and white light coming. She'll try to post tonight when she gets back from church but she's really having a difficult time right now. I can't imagine what she's going through. If anyone has any thoughts they would be appreciated. I'll be in touch with her and will post as soon as I hear more. Thanks all.

With Angel LaceyLaine...she got greyt comfort with Desitin. It's a big tube...cheap...and it made her feel SO much better. Sending more prayers for our little Penny. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Thank you all for the updates. I am upset that Penny is feeling so terrible, but relieved that she is still hanging on. :(

Sending good thoughts to Penny and the family. :hope Hoping that the rash will become less painful and she's more comfortable. :goodluck

Oh, thank you for the update! Have been sssooo worried :cry1 about Penny and her Mom! Hope her Mom can get the giant size tube of Desitin for Penny and make her more comfortable - maybe everything else will fall into place, too! Must be v-e-r-y uncomfortable with a raw butt! Prayers for Penny! Hugs for her Mom!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Patti is right, Desitin, or other diaper rash creams will likely help. When Foxy had a rash on her bootom, I used a diaper cream containing zinc. mixed with some Polysporin. the zinc helps heal and dry up the rash and the polysporin combats any bacteria.

Penny and Susan, you have my prayers and positive thoughts.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

With Angel LaceyLaine...she got greyt comfort with Desitin. It's a big tube...cheap...and it made her feel SO much better. Sending more prayers for our little Penny. :grouphug

Desitin is a great idea, I use it for Misty and it really does help soothe. It's such a helpless feeling knowing she's so uncomfortable. She's tucked in my prayers as is her mom. Penny truly deserves a break here!!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless