Mac Is Home....

Guest tobinhr

Guest tobinhr

I picked up Mac's ashes from my vet today. I sat in the car for awhile, trying not to cry. Then I look up in the trees and I see two sassy male cardinals chasing each other through the tree branches. I love cardinals....Coincidence?

When I got home, there was ANOTHER male cardinal in my tree.

Coincidence? Nope. Mac is letting me know he is just FIIIIINE.

Jan (Go get those bunnies, baby....although I think it's "catch and release" at the Bridge..)

So glad you have him with you. We scattered much of Argos's ashes, but kept some to have here at home. It just feels better that way.

And I agree that Mac was sending you a message.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

There is some comfort in having them back again. He is out there, running free....poor bunnies.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Good boy Mac....most puppers send rainbows though, I'm not surprised you did it your way :lol

I thought the same thing. Mac was one special pup. A cardinal could be Mac's way of adding his own personal message.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I've got to ask, was Mac a QCGA hound?

Nope...Jan & Mac (& family) are recent Quad-Citians (just this summer), and Mac was with them for, I think, 6 1/2 years? Jan will have to let us know...

And :grouphug to you and J, J, & J, Jan--Cardinals are definitely a good sign!

BTW, I gave Miss Joey a little pep-talk this morning (after she gave me massive smiles and kisses! :wub: ) -- I told her George and Schnerf are not snacks, but potentially really good, fuzzy little brothers and that if she knows what's good for her, she'll be on her best behaviour on Saturday. :P:goodluck

Lisa
...sharing the journey with my best friend, Kevin, and our four greyhounds:
Littermates Sweetie* & Spicy (Possible Betsy, Possible Edna),

Moody* (Jr's Moody Man), and Dragon (Kiowa Dragonfire)

*Gone to wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge

Guest tobinhr
Nope...Jan & Mac (& family) are recent Quad-Citians (just this summer), and Mac was with them for, I think, 6 1/2 years? Jan will have to let us know...

And :grouphug to you and J, J, & J, Jan--Cardinals are definitely a good sign!

BTW, I gave Miss Joey a little pep-talk this morning (after she gave me massive smiles and kisses! :wub: ) -- I told her George and Schnerf are not snacks, but potentially really good, fuzzy little brothers and that if she knows what's good for her, she'll be on her best behaviour on Saturday. :P:goodluck

Mac was from "A Greyhound's Wish" in Laurel, MD. I sent them an e-mail this a.m. to let them know how special Mac was to us. :wub:

As for Joey, well.........I bought some pork at the commissary to add to my almost full freezer. So whenever, WHO ever....I'll be ready!

Jan

Awww, what a sweet girl she is. Some of us are very eager to hear how it goes Saturday (if it goes well, maybe some pics??).

Schnerf -- what a great name!

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Awww, what a sweet girl she is. Some of us are very eager to hear how it goes Saturday (if it goes well, maybe some pics??).

Sending lots of good thoughts for Saturday. I you need me to check at the butcher to see if chicken is on sale I will. ;):goodluck

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest tobinhr

It's from the "Thundercats" cartoon....My son named him and I eventually looked it up. The character was actually Snarf. We decided it was the German pronunciation. :rolleyes:

I'll give a report on Satuday.....Joey is actually Mac's "niece." Molotov was her grandfather...

Jan

It's from the "Thundercats" cartoon....My son named him and I eventually looked it up. The character was actually Snarf. We decided it was the German pronunciation. :rolleyes:

I'll give a report on Satuday.....Joey is actually Mac's "niece." Molotov was her grandfather...

Jan

I like "George" too btw. The world's-mellowest-cat who accompanied me from college into my 30's was named Ralph.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad