William "bill" Young

Pippin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry. :cry1

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest jeannejj

Please accept my deepest sympathies on your loss. Be very kind to yourself, and may the beautiful memories you have bring your aching heart peace and comfort.

f_yellowf_yellow

You can still lean on him. You know what he'd say: "adapt, improvise and overcome". That would make him proud. (To non-Marine Corps people I am not being cold hearted- its a Marine Corps thing.) :f_red

Did they use that phrase in 1947? Because that's what he did for his entire life, as far as I know.

Thanks, everyone. Everytime I sit down to write more, my brain shuts down, but I am reading, and I *do* appreciate all the kind words and warm thoughts/hugs/prayers

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Bless your heart...daddies are such special people. I know I miss mine so much. My daddy was with the Hump Pilots that flew over Burma & he would tell me stories all the time about World War 2. He could do the same as your dad, fix anything.

Just know that your daddy is still with you, snuggled in your heart. Little things you will see through out your day will remind you of him. I see things all around me that my dad would have liked or would have stopped to pick up.

I wear his hoodie all the time to work & recently acquired his car from my sister & when I ride in it, I think of him & see his smile and you will do the same thing.

I think its "wonderful" if you will, that he picked this particular day to pass from this life to his heavenly life. Our dads were so proud of their service to their country.