Clementine- When Will This End

Guest greydogluvr

Guest greydogluvr

Well,... the saga continues. I called about Clementine at 8:00 last night and was too upset to post. At 7:00 they took 341 ml of air from her chest tube. At that time she had been off the pluravac (sp) for 8 hours.This is about the same amount as prior to the continuous suction and after surgery.

I called again at 8:00 this morning and was so afraid to ask but, much to my surprise, they took only 5ml of air from her chest tube!!!!! I had to ask twice, ok 3 times, if she said 5 ml. :yay:yay:yay:yay Things are looking up. I am still in shock. Can it be that the tear is repairing itself??? Please, please, please let it be so. :goodluck:hope

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,... the saga continues. I called about Clementine at 8:00 last night and was too upset to post. At 7:00 they took 341 ml of air from her chest tube. At that time she had been off the pluravac (sp) for 8 hours.This is about the same amount as prior to the continuous suction and after surgery.

I called again at 8:00 this morning and was so afraid to ask but, much to my surprise, they took only 5ml of air from her chest tube!!!!! I had to ask twice, ok 3 times, if she said 5 ml. :yay:yay:yay:yay Things are looking up. I am still in shock. Can it be that the tear is repairing itself??? Please, please, please let it be so. :goodluck:hope

I sure hope it is. Sending more prayers that she continues to heal (albeit slowly) and that she gets to come home with you soon......very soon. :hope:hope:hope

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Oh I am just now seeing this thread! Poor Clementine! She has been through so much! Poor Lora! I am so sorry!

Yes, PLEASE let this be the beginning of the healing! Come on, Clementine! You can do it sweet baby girl! You have all of GT rooting for you! Sending lots of prayers that she can go home - SOON! :hope:hope:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greydogluvr

I have wonderful news. After all she has been through, the Addison's diagnosis, GI bleed, and the lung lobe removal and tear repair, Clementine had no air to be removed from her chest tube after this morning. Last night she was looking at a second surgery. She had 341 ml of air removed at 7:00 last night. This AM it had reduced to 5 ml and none after that. Today was her planned day for her second surgery. So no surgery!!!! It just took her a little extra time to heal. Instead of healing in 3-4 days it took her about 6 days. Not bad for all she has been through. I just can not believe it.

Additionally, her pathology report indicated no cancer but did indicate pneumonia. Now we just have to culture her chest fluid to determine if the pneumonia is being treated with the proper antibiotics. Thank you for putting the power of GT behind her. She is one lucky girl to have so many people pulling for her. Now she just has to get home.

Guest houndlover

Great news! I started to tear up when I read that she was doing better. That must be such a relief to you. I am glad that her pathology came back okay too. Now she just needs to get home and get in that cozy bed of hers! :)

Such a wonderful update! Keep up the fight and hang tough sweetie girl. :grouphug Sending more prayers...

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What fabulous news! I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy for youuuuuuuuuu :confetti

Come home soon, Clementine :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:yay:yay:yay I just knew Clementine could pull through!! I'm so happy to hear that she's on her way to a full recovery.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Wondering how little Clementine is doing today?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Yahoo - this is wonderful news. Clementine, you are such a sweetie! This has been a roller-coaster ride for you and Clementine but it seems she has turned the corner. Keep us posted as she continues to heal.

Edited because I was so happy I hit the button 3 times!

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Checking in on Clemmie and hoping so much to hear she's coming home. She's always in our prayers. You both are Lora! I'm sure Simone wants her home too

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greydogluvr

I just can not believe it, they removed her chest tube last night. She had a full day of no air in her chest and only slight fluid during her aspiration. The surgeon was concerned that the tech was not aspirating her properly so he stayed extra late to do it himself. He personally aspirated her at 7:00 am and at 8:00 pm yesterday and got no air. She ate this morning and went for a walk. If she does well until tonight she gets to come home!!!!!! :yay :yay :yay

The surgeon told me last night that he was seriously concerned about her during the past few days. He also told me that although he had done this type of surgery many times he had never encountered the need for the lobe removal due to pneumonia. I guess she was one sick little girl. It was just not her time to go. I can not wait for her to lay behind the tub while I bathe the kids tonight. :clap :clap

She will have to be isolated from all the other hounds for a bit. He does not want her running or panting which may reopen the tear. Thank heavens my mother lives near and will be able to check on her several times throughout the day and let her out. She is still on the prednisone for her Addision's so she will need to go out often. I can not tell you all how excited I am. Thank you all SO much for your support throughout this crazy time. :bighug :bighug

Edited by greydogluvr

Guest GreytMuse

What awesome news! Hooray for Clementine! :yay You must feel as if the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders -- I know that fear that comes with a very sick pup. I am so, so happy to read she's doing better!!!

Cannot wait for the post which tells us she's back home with you :couchjump

Guest greydogluvr

She is home!!!! She is on 5 different meds and has one big incision but is on the mend. Now we just have to wait to see the type of bacteria that caused her pneumonia. Until then she is on two antibiotics which will be changed/added to (if needed) as soon as the culture comes back. I have to keep her isolated for two weeks and only leash outings. She is so glad to be home and we are glad to have her here. My Simone was so excited to see her, as well. I will post pictures as soon as we get settled. Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. BTW she howled at me already. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

What a crazy few weeks. You know she was very ill when the vet tech prints out the itemized receipt and says that it is the longest one she has ever seen!!!! She is definitely worth it.

Welcome home Clementine!!! :confetti

And breeeeeeeeathe :D