Toby Is Having Trouble Keeping His Food Down

Toby has been having trouble keeping his food down for the last couple of days.

Saturday night, he threw up his dinner within about an hour of it being eaten.

Sunday morning, he threw up his breakfast in 2 different episodes.

Sunday night he kept his dinner down.

This morning, within 1 minute of stepping away from his breakfast, he threw the whole thing up.

We took him to the vet's office this morning and they are going to keep him there and do some bloodwork and x-rays.

Any idea what this could be? We are so worried about him. He's had no dietary changes lately or anything like that.

He is acting like his regular, happy self, but he just can't keep much food down.

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Prayers that he is fine. Is he pooing ok?

We saw him poop yesterday afternoon on our walk and it was runny.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

How old is he? Burp started doing that one day--it just started. Almost instant puke after he ate. Vet told me to lower the fat content in his food. Worked immediately!

He is 4 1/2 yrs old. He eats sensitive stomach dog food.

Sounds like a blockage. I hope its minor or nothing at all!! I'll be keeping you in my prayers. :hope

Eek. That's what I'm worried about. If he had a blockage, would he require surgery?

I just spoke to our vet. She said that all x-rays and bloodwork came back normal. No blockage.

They fed him 1/2 can of really bland food (I/D brand) and he was very excited to get it. He scarfed it down, and it's stayed down.

She thinks he might have developed a sensitivity to his food.

So we are going to keep him on this I/D canned food for the next 3 days and then move him to the I/D kibble for a bit but then we're going to get together and talk about other food alternatives because she says this I/D food has gotten very expensive and there are some good lower-cost alternatives to it out there. He's having a good time getting spoiled by the vet techs today and I get to pick him up after work!

Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and your prayers!! :heart

Glad to hear the good news! I would love to hear what food your vet recommends after all has settled down. Sensitive tummies are an issue in this house too! Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Awwww...glad your little sweetheart is feeling better. Kiss him for me when you bring him home. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thank you everyone! I will definitely give him hugs and kisses for all when I pick him this afternoon.

One thing I've learned over the weekend with all this puking is that a wet/dry shop vac is a wonderful invention!