Please Let Me Welcome Olive

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Ok, so we got the sweet little girl yesterday morning. I posted how my wife was so exicted that she took the camera to work before I could upload pictures. Without further ado, let me show you Olive!!

<olive> so let me get this straight, your NOT going to close the crate door?

twoincrates.jpg

<olive> can I get a bit of lovin too?

jenoliveandbart.jpg

<olive> this big guy is taking the whole couch, how do I get up?

jenandolive.jpg

<olive> Whats that over there daddy?

firstwalk.jpg

She is so petite and sweet. While she does whine a lot (when she is out of the crate only), but I am sure that should subside when she gets comfortable here. She started playing with Barts toys, which he quickly took back when she wasnt looking! She slept quietly in her xpen at the foot of the bed last night. Only one growl when one of the cats was walking by. When she is out of the crate, she pretty much ignores the cats. My male kitty actually scares her a bit. She sniffed him once when he was walking up the stairs, and he didnt appreciate it, so gave her a few hisses and swats, and she pretty much goes the other way if he is in a room. Her and Bart have taken a few romps around the back yard, but since Bart raises his hackles and gets a bit growly, we keep them both muzzled outside. Bart has been outstanding with her. She has climbed into his crate with him a few times yesterday and Bart made no sound,no growl or anything. There have even been one instance when I was giving lovin to Bart on the couch, Olive walked up and Bart put out his paw and put it on her back. He did give a growl when she sniffed his favorite toy when he had it in her mouth, but she just walked away and grabbed a different toy. I am ramblin on, Jen and I are so excited. Thanks for the interest!

For those that would like a pic of my first houndie, his name is Bart, he is a roman nose guy. Here are a few of just him.

noseleftside-1.jpg

bwbartwalk-1.jpg

frontlook-1.jpg

For those that like to look up stats,

Bart (formerly known as "Jr B's Bartman")

Olive (formerly known as "Whatup a P")

Edited by Greyt_dog_lover

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sounds like everything is going very well so far.

What a dashing pair they make. :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Congratulations! They're both absolutely gorgeous! They make a very nice looking couple!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a gorgeous pair of houndies! :wub: Sounds like Olive is settling in beautifully. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest houndstooth4

Oh wow! I just put it together! I saw you and Bart at the Midwest Greyhound Reunion! He is quite the handsome boy!

Congratulations on adopting that sweet little Olive! We've got a young little girl here, too, and they sure like to keep life interesting! You're in for a great ride. Have fun with her and take lots more pictures!

Guest Morgaynn

Man, I need to catch up- I posted my gratz on your orignal thread... Got some greyt lookin bookends there! Can't wait to see you n Jen and Bart on the 17th!

Guest Greyt_dog_lover
:colgate

Congratulations from a very happy foster mom. I know Olive has been welcomed into a wonderful family.

Thanks Jan, you and Charlie did a great job, Jen and I appreciate all that you have done for sweet little Olive. She did have a bit of anxiety when you and Charlie left. She did stand at the top of the stairs for a while looking at the door where you left. I am sure you feel the same way.

Chad

Guest K9_Lady

:confetti Welcome home sweet Olive! :confetti

Sounds like things are working out fine!

Glad she is finally home with you two and Bart of course! I explained to Amy that Olive is Barts adoptive Sister and he is not cheating on her! :lol

Can't wait to see you all this weekend!!

Edited by K9_Lady

Guest Javagirl

Oh I've been waiting for you to tell us all about her. She's so striking and gorgeous.

I love the roman nose greys too. A whole family of lookers, congrats!

Kristyn and Ladd

Congratulations! Olive is very beautiful, and I'm glad she and Bart are getting along well! We are thinking of getting a 2nd GH soon, too. I was wondering if you brought Bart with you to help you choose the new hound, or if you picked out Olive yourselves and just brought her home to Bart.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France