Smitty

Guest skinnydog

His retirement was far too short, but it was very special. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Winterwish

:weep:grouphug Marti I'm so sorry and send my condolences and comfort to you. Thank you for telling us about him from the day he came home to you Marti. I never met Smitty in person but will never forget him. Your loving care meant everything to Smitty,beautiful black sweetheart,that's part of his soul forever and ever Marti. :grouphug

Fly free sweetie Smitty,alongside Clarence and Gramma Girl ~ :grouphug:f_pink:gh_run2:f_pink:candle

Edited by Winterwish

But, you see, Smitty did deserve better, and that is what you gave him, and that is what he got---an angel like you to love him unconditionally. Imagine what both of your lives would have been like if you hadn't taken him into your home and heart. That time with you was certainly the happiest, most secure and comfortable time of his life, and that is what he knew in the end. For a year, a month, a day---he knew he was loved. I'm so sorry you lost your precious little old man.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I know you could have loved him longer, but I know you couldn't have loved him more.

I am very sorry.

My thoughts exactly

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I know you could have loved him longer, but I know you couldn't have loved him more.

That is just perfectly put, there is nothing else I can add. He knew that you loved him, that's all that mattered...

:grouphug

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

That was a beautiful tribute, he left with love and that was the best gift you could have given.

:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.