We Have Chipped! Always Room For One More.... Right?

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest p51crazyhorse

We have been toying with the idea of chipping for a while now, First we considered Daddy Duke (our foster)but he just wasnt screaming ADOPT ME! I knew that when I found the right hound I would just know it in my heart. Well GALTs Greyhound Planet Day celebration was this past saturday. I had been haunting the GALT website and inquired about a little girl houndie that I liked, we met her at the GPD and there was no connection, she hardly even looked at us. I was a little dissapointed but I also knew that there were a few others interested in her and that she would get a home very quickly.

We continued walking around and peeked into the doggy sitting play pen where most of the adoptable hounds were being kept, I even saw a few of the hounds that I had fostered when they were injured and had a wonderful time talking to them and seeing how great they were looking. This cute little brindle girlie hopped up immediatly and came over to say hi, I got down on my knees and loved on her thru the bars and she was very excited to see my daughter Emma and my two brindle boys. I moved to a vendor that was selling collars and kept thinking of her..... A few minutes later they started the "parade of hounds" where they show everyone the available dogs and tell a little bit about them. I stood there with my husband and we both watched her stand before the crowd nervously.

We caught up to her foster mom and asked if we could spend some time with her. Walking her around and getting to know her sealed the deal, her foster mom, Lisa, said that she loves children and is a wonderful houseguest..... We told her we were taking her home! After a bit of walking around and getting permission granted we loaded her in the car.

And so, Fiona became an immediate member of the family.... We got home and she toured the one acre yard, tried to get my mini schnauzer to play, picked herself out a dog bed and had some dinner. She is the cutest thing and she had us rolling all night every time she perked her ears up, they stand up straight, something that none of our former fosters or our own dogs can do!! she had been with GALT since May and had been bounced once thru no fault of her own.

Sorry this turned out to be so long, I was in a typing mood this morning and I am just so EXCITED!!!!

Here are a few pics of her

fiona1.jpg

fiona.jpg

fiona21.jpg

fiona22.jpg

fiona24.jpg

fiona2.jpg

Here is "Princess Fiona's" Pedigree Lrc Fiona

YAY I HAVE MY OWN LITTLE GIRLIE NOW!!!! :clap:confetti

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Holly! She has ears like Carmen. I can't wait to meet her. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest p51crazyhorse

Alisha, expect an order for another of those reflective tag collars..... in PINK!!!!! ooooohhhh girlie stuff !!!! FINALLY!!!!

We needed a girlie.... all our animals are boys!

What a pretty girl (and yes, I can read human - Nadia translated for me ;)) Kara has stand-up ears like that, too. Congratulations!

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest threedognight

Congratulation and welcome home Fiona! I love her ears! We are going to need more pictures of Fiona with her new brothers.

Is that a picture of the Crazy Horse Mustang from Stallion 51 in your signature?