Greetings From Maryland!

Guest SLM4956

Guest SLM4956
:waveGreetings!! I found this site and have been on it all afternoon just reading posts!! WOW!! a lot of information here...Thanks!! I have always been interested in Greyhounds, but never really went any further than that. Earlier this month, I filled out an application to adopt!! I have been doing a lot of reading and am very excited!! We had our home visit last Saturday (8/23/08) and are waiting to hear back. I wish that we would hear something soon...I am getting anxious!! :eek

Guest momto3greys
:waveGreetings!! I found this site and have been on it all afternoon just reading posts!! WOW!! a lot of information here...Thanks!! I have always been interested in Greyhounds, but never really went any further than that. Earlier this month, I filled out an application to adopt!! I have been doing a lot of reading and am very excited!! We had our home visit last Saturday (8/23/08) and are waiting to hear back. I wish that we would hear something soon...I am getting anxious!! :eek

Hi! Welcome from Maryland, also. We can't wait to hear more about your new houndie!!! Which group are you going to adopt from? :yay

Guest Morgaynn
:welcome Welcome to GT. Please put your tray in the upright position. Make sure all lose items are properly stored in the storage bins. Please keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle. Enjoy the ride that is Greyhound Life. :wubsite Edited by Morgaynn

Guest SLM4956
We filled out our application with Blue Ridge Greyhounds. They seemed very nice and the communication was good with them. We are still waiting for an approval or a denial. It is just nerve wracking!! I keep wondering if I answered all the questions correctly or if my house was clean enough!! LOL Silly my Husband tells me!! But I worry!! :blink:

Welcome from a fellow Marylander! Hold on to you hat cause you are in for one hell of a fantastic ride! There is nothing like being owned by a greyhound. Just be ready and willing to fill the floor with dog beds and more hounds if you choose too (which you will cause greys are like potato chips, can't have just one :lol ). If need be your greyhound will demand a new taxi to be able to ride in style (unless you already have one). Let's see what else......oh yea get used to sitting on the floor and sleeping on the edge of your bed :lol:lol

Praying for all the missing greys!

:welcome2 Greetings from NY. I hope you'll hear soon. :wubsite You'll find anything you need to know here - and a few laughs too. :nod

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest BroccsMom
:welcome Hello hello!!! Welcome from Wisconsin! I'm sure you're home visit went greyt! I was worried about a clean house, but they didn't even look at it! They just sat on my couch and we just started talking! :) I was a nervous wreck too, but it all worked out! Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Welcome from another Marylander! You might be kind of close to us - we live on the Maryland side of the river from Leesburg. I travel there to the outlets. We have two greyhounds and a whippet, amongst other critters! Keep us posted on your progress. I, too, remember my home visit - even made sure the kids looked presentable. All they did was look at our backyard and bring over the most enormous grey so we could see how much space one would take. I thought my DH would have a stroke when the grey rested his head on our kitchen table! Then, when we got the call, it was that grey's half brother! Half the size, too TTL - wasn't ready for a pony in the house. Now, bring it on! It is always exciting and rewarding. Congratulations.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Wow - sorry it's taking so long! Have you checked in with them to see if you might have slipped through the cracks?

Hope you hear something soon!

And, hello from another Marylander :)

Oh, do you know if they've contacted your references, etc? That may be where the hold-up is.

Good luck! :goodluck

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Sighthound

:welcome from Florida. We have had our grey for about 2 and 1/2 months now. It has been a wild ride with her. She did not like our wood floors, so we had to buy throw rugs so she could walk in the house. We did not mind doing it. And now she is used to them so she does not need the rugs anymore. We are absolutely in love with her and greys. If we had land we would have more of them. But for right now 6 dogs is enough. :lol

Praying that you hear good news soon.

Guest SLM4956
Wow - sorry it's taking so long! Have you checked in with them to see if you might have slipped through the cracks?

Hope you hear something soon!

And, hello from another Marylander :)

Oh, do you know if they've contacted your references, etc? That may be where the hold-up is.

Good luck! :goodluck

DH and I decided to wait until tomorrow....If we don't hear by then I will send an email to the Adoption Coordinator ;) I am sure that there is nothing "wrong" with us! We have 2 cats who are spoiled rotten and always go to the Vet for their check ups and shots. I am assuming that because the home Visitor said that he had 4 visits and reports to follow that maybe that is the hold up ....STILL crossing fingers !! Even if we get rejected for some odd reason, I will stay here and chat!! I just love greyhounds and the nice people that I have met!! :colgate