Say Hi To Santos!

Guest letsgoflyers81

Guest letsgoflyers81

Hi everyone! My wife and I just adopted our first Greyhound, Santos.

santos_closeup.jpg

My wife and I adopted him from Greyhound Angels. We have another dog and a cat, but we've been researching adopting a Greyhound for a while and decided now was the time. He'll be three in November, never officially raced, and he's a real sweetheart. He's been tested cat safe and got along well with Nacho (our Pembroke Welsh Corgi) when we introduced them at the shelter. Santos and Sushi (the cat) pretty much ignore each other but so far they're getting along just fine. We've read up on Greyhounds and know the basics, but I'm sure we have a lot to learn. Feel free to ask questions or offer advice. And now for pictures! (click for big)

These are from Santos' first night here.

santos_muzzle_small.jpg

Welcome home!

santos_heyyyy_small.jpg

Heyyyy guys!

santos_speaker_small.jpg

What's this thing?

nacho_attention_small.jpg

Pay attention to meeeee!!!

sushi_scared_small.jpg

Keep that thing away from me!

santos_sup_small.jpg

Sup guys?

santos_nacho1_small.jpg

The boys are getting acquainted

santos_nacho2_small.jpg

Chilaxing together

And more from today.

santos_nacho3_small.jpg

More hanging out

santos_stretching_small.jpg

Yoga Greyhound?

santos_side_small.jpg

Such a cute boy

santos_front_small.jpg

Yup, still cute

He's very handsome and I love his name. Are you in New Jersey, too? I have a GAA boy, also.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Congratulations from So. California.

So glad you found us, now you have to keep us up to date on the Three Amigos.

I see you have already mastered the "sending pictures" conundrum (at least for me it is) .

Good work and special ((( )))s to Santos.

Guest IrskasMom

Awww Santos ...... you sure are handsome :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: WELCOME to the obsessive World of Greyhound's :wave:wave:wave:wave It's a very informative helpful Website .

Edited by IrskasMom

Great pictures! Santos is beautiful and looks happy. Fun to see as I look forward to bringing my own girl home at the end of the month. Did he have any trouble adjusting to your hardwood floors? Have you tried the stairs I can see you have?

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest Morgaynn

He looks more than settled, he looks like he's lived there his entire life and is comfortable! Congratz and Welcome to GT the all Greyhound Resource! I bring my first greybaby home in 7 days... The wait is Killing ME! Such cute fur babies! That reminds me, I need to post a furbaby before Dunk and after Dunk LOL that should be hilarious!

Welcome to GT! :wave Santos is a very handsome boy. Love his white markings. :wub: His legs look SO long compared to the little fella. :lol Glad everyone is getting along.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest letsgoflyers81

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm glad I found this forum, especially since Santos is the first Greyhound I've ever cared for.

He's very handsome and I love his name. Are you in New Jersey, too? I have a GAA boy, also.

We're in North Wales, PA. We looked up Greyhound rescues and shelters in the area and GAA had a few dogs that seemed like they might be a good fit so we stopped in.

Great pictures! Santos is beautiful and looks happy. Fun to see as I look forward to bringing my own girl home at the end of the month. Did he have any trouble adjusting to your hardwood floors? Have you tried the stairs I can see you have?

He doesn't seem to have any trouble with the floors. Nacho actually had some issues with them, sliding around on them. We just bought the house a few weeks ago so it's a big change for him. We're keeping Santos downstairs for right now. Sushi has relaxed around him, but we'd like to give him the option to go upstairs as a safe place if he's feeling threatened. There have been a couple times where the gate at the stairs came loose or wasn't put up and Santos tried to run up. So I think he'll be just fine with them once we give him access to the second floor.

He looks more than settled, he looks like he's lived there his entire life and is comfortable! Congratz and Welcome to GT the all Greyhound Resource! I bring my first greybaby home in 7 days... The wait is Killing ME! Such cute fur babies! That reminds me, I need to post a furbaby before Dunk and after Dunk LOL that should be hilarious!

I wouldn't quite call him settled yet, but he's getting there. He goes into his crate fine at night, but then starts whining soon after. He's also up at the crack of dawn and makes sure we're up too. Hopefully this will change with repetition.

:welcome Hi and welcome to GT! Santos is gorgeous and Nacho is a cutie!!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

He is super handsome and I love the name Santos. Congratulations! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown