Hello From Southwest Virginia!

Guest gogogreyhound

Guest myoozikluver

I've been reading posts for a while now, so I decided it was time to introduce myself and my pup. I recently adopted Domino after six years of greyhound withdrawals. :) He is extremely spooky, but has made and continues to make huge progress every day with the help of his Boston Terrier brother, Oscar. When I adopted my first grey, there wasn't a place to go to gather information or support, so I am very thankful Greytalk is here. I've read the thread describing how to post a picture, so here's hoping I don't mess it up...

Without further ado, here's my Domino (aka Dominic, Dom Dom, Dommy, Nicky, etc.)

IMG_0771.jpg

-Jennifer, Oscar and Dom

Hello and welcome to you and Domino! The spooky ones are very rewarding.

Where are you in SW VA? I grew up in Wise County.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest VaGreymom

I was curious as well. Half of my relatives are in Clintwood, Abington and Kingsport Tenn.

Where in Wise County did you grow up? We could be related. :rolleyes:

And what a good looking boy Domino is!!! Welcome from Stel, Lizzie, Lewis and Hitch from Powhatan, VA!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest myoozikluver

You are absolutely right. I knew he was for me the moment I laid eyes on him. Every day is like Christmas around here with all the progress!

As the greytlady said, we are in Salem, right next to Roanoke. :)

Guest myoozikluver
Hidey there! :wave

Glad to see ya.

Give Domino a kiss from Auntie Sara. :wub::wub:

Consider it done...he's earned it! Today he got on the couch without being walked to it, and he took a nap with his head resting on me! I couldn't help but cry a little. It's the first prolonged contact that he's initiated. My heart is full. :colgate

Guest mountain4greys

:welcome2 from WV!!!! 5 hounds here plus a spooky foster!

The spooky ones ARE very rewarding. It's nice to see them change right in front of your eyes. I have 4 females and 1 male. The male was a real challenge, but it was so rewarding to watch him turn into a "regular" greyhound. (whatever that is) Enjoy!

Guest vahoundlover
Hidey there! :wave

Glad to see ya.

Give Domino a kiss from Auntie Sara. :wub::wub:

Consider it done...he's earned it! Today he got on the couch without being walked to it, and he took a nap with his head resting on me! I couldn't help but cry a little. It's the first prolonged contact that he's initiated. My heart is full. :colgate

THAT is awesome!! :yay

Hello and welcome from a future Roanoker! You did fine with the pic, EXCEPT we will be needing lots more.

Edited by MauCarden

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Welcome to GT from Maryland!

Domino looks really young - is he?

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

:welcome2 Hi from Kelsey, Sterling and me from NYC. :wubsite Your Domino is beautiful (love the "cow-dogs")

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest myoozikluver
Welcome to GT from Maryland!

Domino looks really young - is he?

Indeed he is a wee man...he turned one in May. :)