Update On Shirley

Guest greyscot

Guest greyscot

Well yesterday and today have been a roller coaster ride of emotions. Last night DH and I had accepted this was Shirley's time. Then Niall (the vet) 'phoned this morning to say she was much brighter and more aware but still not eating. I had the choice of letting her go to the bridge or taking her home and seeing if she would eat. I have to say I hesitated to bring her home as I do not want her suffering in any way and she is 15 years old with kidney disease. In the end I did bring her home as she has always been a fighter so I wanted to give her one last chance.

And guess what - she ate a whole bowl full of her favourite food. :yay:yay:yay:clap:clap

I know she may not eat tomorrow but we are going to enjoy tonight and give her loads of cuddles and attention and see what each day brings. The vet agrees with me we are talking days or a few weeks at most but as long as it's quality time for her I'll take all I can get.

Thanks everyone for your support - you are great.

I'm glad your girlie is back at home and eating for you. :yay:yay Give her extra kisses and ear scritches from us. :kiss2 Hoping you have much more quality time with your sweet girl. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so so glad to hear this news. One day at a time which I know is easier said than done. Give thatlittle girl a big hug from California

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless